Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(23/03/2018 15:02)knutstransport Wrote:  Cheshire East council are now saying the 47 will be 3 journeys per day (Mon-Fri) from 3rd April, yet Network Warrington haven't said anything further since they said the 47 will be extended to Knutsford from 9th April and will run Mon-Fri. I've not seen anything on VOSA and no timetable has been made available (pdf, physical or via journey planners.)

The registration from the 3rd April was approved by short notice today

Quote:PC0001977/87 Registered (Short notice)
WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD
Route: Warrington Bus Interchange to Lymm Chiurch
Service number: 47
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Apr 2018
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How long do the 53 Plate Cadets have left untill withdrawal Im guessing its when the new Envrio200 MMCs are delivered
(25/03/2018 17:33)darylyates17 Wrote:  How long do the 53 Plate Cadets have left untill withdrawal Im guessing its when the new Envrio200 MMCs are delivered

Correct
I wouldn’t necessarily say it was the 53 plates that are being withdrawn. Bus 35, after being stored for a couple of years had a lot of money spent on it just over 4 months ago to get it back on the road and is actually one of the better buses to drive. I’d imagine the engineers and fitters will have a say on which will be withdrawn.
(09/03/2018 11:01)Valandil Wrote:  It will be good for the odd trip out, Tatton Park etc. - I have relatives always banging on about wanting to go and see the charity shops in Knutsford!

That might not be as easy as you think. The times will be

09:12 Lymm Cross to Knutsford (arrives 09:35)
09:40 Knutsford to Warrington (arrives 10:29)
11:30 Warrington to High Legh (arrives 12:00)
12:05 High Legh to Warrington (arrives 12:39)
13:25 Warrington to Knutsford (arrives 14:10)
14:15 Knutsford to Lymm Cross (arrives 14:39)

It'll mean if you want to do Warrington to Knutsford and back in the same day a change at Lymm is required, plus ENCTS pass holders will have to pay for the outbound journey.

It'll also mean while it's possible for those in Lymm, High Legh and Mere to do a return trip to Knutsford, again ENCTS pass holders will have to pay for the outbound journey and then they'll have to spend quite a while in Knutsford before the return bus.
It looks like they are being palmed off almost. CEC kind of saying 'you asked for a bus to Knutsford, well you got one' but making it so unattractive that it can easily be removed due to 'lack of usage'...
(26/03/2018 09:53)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I wouldn’t necessarily say it was the 53 plates that are being withdrawn. Bus 35, after being stored for a couple of years had a lot of money spent on it just over 4 months ago to get it back on the road and is actually one of the better buses to drive. I’d imagine the engineers and fitters will have a say on which will be withdrawn.

It will be the 53 Plates that get withdrawn, Network Warrington have a good reputation for looking after their Buses then selling them on and i bet thats what happens here.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/03/2018 16:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  It looks like they are being palmed off almost. CEC kind of saying 'you asked for a bus to Knutsford, well you got one' but making it so unattractive that it can easily be removed due to 'lack of usage'...

You might remember the 47 route used to be 3 return workings per day between Warrington and Lower Peover Mon, Wed and Thurs and 5 return workings between Warrington and Lower Peover, Tues and Fri (market days) with it being part subsided. WBT (as they were then known) said to Cheshire County Council that it's no longer viable to operate unless it becomes fully subsided, to which Cheshire County Council's response was to award a tender for 2 return workings on Tuesday and Friday only and to award the contract to Tomlinson Travel, with the current 47 (not reaching Knutsford) being a replacement for that after Tomlinson Travel asked to withdraw from running the service (claiming they never get more than 10 passengers per service and it's not worth running) with Cheshire East Council agreeing to the early termination and not putting the service back out to tender.
(26/03/2018 16:07)knutstransport Wrote:  That might not be as easy as you think. The times will be

09:12 Lymm Cross to Knutsford (arrives 09:35)
09:40 Knutsford to Warrington (arrives 10:29)
11:30 Warrington to High Legh (arrives 12:00)
12:05 High Legh to Warrington (arrives 12:39)
13:25 Warrington to Knutsford (arrives 14:10)
14:15 Knutsford to Lymm Cross (arrives 14:39)

Yes, you are quite right, that won't be anywhere near as useful as I thought it was going to be.
At least it looks like it will work both off and onto Lymm schools, meaning that deckers are on the cards for those journeys.
Interesting to note that not absolutely all of the CAT services will call at Centre Park and Bank Quay, e.g. the first CC9A and the last CC9 will not call there.
Some Cheshire Cat services will call at Bank Quay but will not go around Centre Park.

The CC5A will indeed call at Partington - it will take 36 minutes to travel between Lymm and Altrincham via Partington - pretty good if it can keep to time.
It seems it will follow a shorter route through Partington in the daytime than the rather convoluted route which the school journeys take.
That is my one worry with the new Cheshire Cats - they do seem to be much more tightly timed than the routes they are replacing.

Even though the service numbers start will CC, they will display CAT on the dests instead, e.g. CAT5A.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)