Current time: 20/04/2024, 11:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(08/08/2012 22:44)P528LND Wrote:  I agree, the day to day sightings are simply general allocations usually, bit silly seeing them slapped everywhere. I'd be impressed if it was 10017 on the 425 but 66857 on the 81 doesn't quite cut it for a forum news board.

You never know your luck, 10017 may wonder to Oldham one dayUndecided
Quote this message in a reply
I noticed 37296 in the new livery before, and it seems that certain things have been missed off.
I very much doubt that, frankly. And if it did, you definitely wouldn't find it on the 425. Drivers struggle with B7RLE's and when we first got them one driver even asked if we could switch to a Solo at the bus station and sure enough she got one.

I think the weirdest one was when a two drivers switched buses at Mumps when one had an Optare Prisma (425) and one had a B7RLE (184) and they swapped them over because the driver of the B7RLE 'Didn't have a clue what she was doing in there.' Bear in mind this was very early into the B7RLE take-over.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
(08/08/2012 22:51)P528LND Wrote:  I very much doubt that, frankly. And if it did, you definitely wouldn't find it on the 425. Drivers struggle with B7RLE's and when we first got them one driver even asked if we could switch to a Solo at the bus station and sure enough she got one.

I think the weirdest one was when a two drivers switched buses at Mumps when one had an Optare Prisma (425) and one had a B7RLE (184) and they swapped them over because the driver of the B7RLE 'Didn't have a clue what she was doing in there.' Bear in mind this was very early into the B7RLE take-over.

How on earth the above mentioned qualified as a bus driver, ok Admitedly as you say it was very early on in the B7RLE take over, seems wierd, that First wouldn't monitor drivers competence. But things like that do happen I guess.
The 425 is vigorous. Even now drivers don't particularly like the tightness of the route.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

Mic just got to my. Worksite at the olympics and my chariot for the day is 37557 lol miles away from Olympic pk was expecting a first Essex bus but no mcr bus as usual lol
(09/08/2012 10:23)james Wrote:  Mic just got to my. Worksite at the olympics and my chariot for the day is 37557 lol miles away from Olympic pk was expecting a first Essex bus but no mcr bus as usual lol

That's pure luck that! Hahaha! Stick with what you know, the best approach anyway Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

(08/08/2012 22:41)CX54 DKD Wrote:  As requested, some clarification as to the posting of sightings:

As a general rule, we'd prefer if day-to-day sightings weren't posted as these do clog up the threads for those who are looking to read for fleet/depot news and as such, could come under the bracket of excessive posting. However, we are happy for unusual sightings to be posted as they may have been. If there are any more issues or if anyone has any questions, please feel free to drop me, or any of the other moderators/administrators, a PM.

would it be possible to have a post/group for fm allocations/ day sightings etc as it is interesting to me as an ex allocator myself to see whats what on a daily basis

thanks
james
An unusual sightings thread does exist which, whilst not specific to this company/day-to-day sightings, could be dug up and used for such a purpose as long as it was stated that they're normal allocations. As I say though, we'd prefer if day-to-day sightings don't become a feature in depot threads.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(08/08/2012 22:41)CX54 DKD Wrote:  As requested, some clarification as to the posting of sightings:

As a general rule, we'd prefer if day-to-day sightings weren't posted as these do clog up the threads for those who are looking to read for fleet/depot news and as such, could come under the bracket of excessive posting. However, we are happy for unusual sightings to be posted as they may have been. If there are any more issues or if anyone has any questions, please feel free to drop me, or any of the other moderators/administrators, a PM.

do you mind reports of loans to other depots livery changes put on

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)