Current time: 23/04/2024, 18:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(15/02/2018 18:07)iMarkeh Wrote:  X9???? Db2 was funded for Saltney Ferry and db1 from Kinnerton to Mold by Flintshire council who evidently are no longer putting in their funding. All of Mold to Caergwyle is covered by the 40, Caergwyle to Kinnerton is X9. They are buses along where people want to do, they just have to change buses. No point funding 2 buses to do the same section.

X9 is only a couple trips a day no where near like DB1..think the new service should have gone asfar as Caergwle Staion..turn right to end turn right then right back down to Hope

That way people from Dodleston and Kinnerton can get alternative Train or bus from Caergwle and get to Hope
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
47081 is now back in Birkenhead from its short stint in Gillmoss and Chester
(15/02/2018 19:38)E208 WBG Wrote:  X9 is only a couple trips a day no where near like DB1..think the new service should have gone asfar as Caergwle Staion..turn right to end turn right then right back down to Hope

That way people from Dodleston and Kinnerton can get alternative Train or bus from Caergwle and get to Hope

That would be better and have less dead time. The issue is if Flintshire won't fund it for whatever reason, there is nothing you can do. All council's have funding cuts and with GHA gone, I think the tender prices will have risen a lot obviously with them always being the lowest. Stagecoach will ask for more money than GHA and they have won 2 Flintshire tenders already plus the 209. There will only be so much money. It depends on how busy the DBs were between those points and more precisely which trips. If the trips can be replaced by an X9, it makes sense to do that. The 9/X9 has some timetable amendments did but I doubt they are amending times for the DB withdrawal.
10882 on 2 today 1015 ex Liverpool
19070 certainly hates the motorway. Few months ago it broke down with fire service in attendance after a water pipe snapped and steam started coming from it, this morning the engine decided i've had it and seized. That will be another bus off the road for a while. We have the 59 plate enviro 400's from devon going through a refurb one by one. 19569 was the first to be done and has USB sockets fitted. 19570 came back last week. Haven't been on it yet but i expect it will have the USB sockets as well. Unlike 69, 70 is fully logoed up.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(17/02/2018 20:44)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  19070 certainly hates the motorway. Few months ago it broke down with fire service in attendance after a water pipe snapped and steam started coming from it, this morning the engine decided i've had it and seized. That will be another bus off the road for a while. We have the 59 plate enviro 400's from devon going through a refurb one by one. 19569 was the first to be done and has USB sockets fitted. 19570 came back last week. Haven't been on it yet but i expect it will have the USB sockets as well. Unlike 69, 70 is fully logoed up.

What is happening to the seats during this refurbishment? Saw 19570 in Liverpool soon after the batch arrived with MSL, and from the outside the grey seats looked like the most suptuous see on service buses since the Fylde Atlanteans and Crosville ENLs of the 1970s.
(17/02/2018 22:00)Brickmill Wrote:  What is happening to the seats during this refurbishment? Saw 19570 in Liverpool soon after the batch arrived with MSL, and from the outside the grey seats looked like the most suptuous see on service buses since the Fylde Atlanteans and Crosville ENLs of the 1970s.

New leather seats
(17/02/2018 20:44)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  19070 certainly hates the motorway. Few months ago it broke down with fire service in attendance after a water pipe snapped and steam started coming from it, this morning the engine decided i've had it and seized. That will be another bus off the road for a while. We have the 59 plate enviro 400's from devon going through a refurb one by one. 19569 was the first to be done and has USB sockets fitted. 19570 came back last week. Haven't been on it yet but i expect it will have the USB sockets as well. Unlike 69, 70 is fully logoed up.

Has 70 received X8 branding?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
The Leather seats on them enviros havent changed since the park and ride service down south. Don't forget these are high spec enviro 400's. I am somewhat suprised that they HAVEN'T received branding for the X8 but this may be done at a future date.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
10886 gold decker is out again on route 2. Left Chester 08:27

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)