Current time: 28/03/2024, 23:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(24/01/2018 18:10)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  We just need route learning on it. After Newton station I have absolutely no idea how it gets to Wigan :-)

Straight road really after turning left at Trebaron. Follow your nose and you end up at the East Lancs, Golbourne, Abram, Platt Bridge. Ince confuses me, bear left onto a slip road before Lidl. Then straight.

Good luck with the town centre's one way system. LOL
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/01/2018 12:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looking again at the tweet it looks like it will indeed be Warrington - Wigan

The 360 will just operate between Newton-le-Willows and Wigan, but it will link with Warrington's 22 to allow connections to Warrington.

Here are some articles on the subject for anyone interested:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...wigan-link
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news..._to_Wigan/
Find all posts by this user
I think a through service would have been a better option but at least Newton is now (or will shortly be) an interchange, so the environment for changing vehicles is probably better these days.
(25/01/2018 20:35)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I think a through service would have been a better option but at least Newton is now (or will shortly be) an interchange, so the environment for changing vehicles is probably better these days.

It will be a through service to Wigan via Earlestown...
Do Network Warrington normally bid for TfGM contracts, or does this signal a new strategy for them?
(25/01/2018 20:43)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  It will be a through service to Wigan via Earlestown...

How will that work then? An extension of the 24E to avoid the 22/22E going back on itself?
Five of the new Enviros are to have the standard livery.
(29/01/2018 00:15)jcksmnr Wrote:  How will that work then? An extension of the 24E to avoid the 22/22E going back on itself?

A driver tells me the route will run upto Earlestown, back to Winwick Road via Burtonwood then upto Newton-le-willows and to Wigan that way. Massive route taking about 1h 15-1h20 I think the driver said.

He is trained up and on the late rota so I can't see why he would be wrong.
That's interesting - I had imagined it going Warrington -> Winwick -> Burtonwood -> Collins Green -> Earlestown -> Newton-le-Willows -> Wigan, so that it wouldn't have to go all the way up Newton Road / Mill Lane between Winwick and Newton-le-Willows twice, but at least they will be covering every bus stop covered on the daytime 360 by doing it that way.
(11/02/2018 08:03)Valandil Wrote:  That's interesting - I had imagined it going Warrington -> Winwick -> Burtonwood -> Collins Green -> Earlestown -> Newton-le-Willows -> Wigan, so that it wouldn't have to go all the way up Newton Road / Mill Lane between Winwick and Newton-le-Willows twice, but at least they will be covering every bus stop covered on the daytime 360 by doing it that way.

I thought either that or Warrington - Winwick - Newton - Earlestown - Newton - Wigan. It seems a weird route. There can't be anyone at those Winwick-Newton stops during the day let alone at night, there are hardly any houses or anything there for people. Weird way of running things but I suppose that is Network Warringtons way of working recently.

Anyone noticed 188 and 152 on 16 dupes and bay blocking duties this week? They are determined to get Fairbrothers out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)