Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Warrington does not need a Bus service to the Airport, Its getting a direct Train service in May!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/01/2018 16:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Warrington does not need a Bus service to the Airport, Its getting a direct Train service in May!

Im aware of that and that sounds jolly exciting...If you can withstand standing room only, delays and higher fares
Find all posts by this user
(23/01/2018 15:45)JimmyMac Wrote:  I think it's as near confirmed as could be that the 35 is withdrawn from April due to Cheshire East subsidy cuts. Any airport route should probably be express, i.e. not via Altrincham, and revert to the old Broomedge route number of (7)37 (geddit?!?!) - but I can't see it ever happening unless there were some funding.

I get what you mean, A pity but would have been good to have a airport link as an alternative to rails with is recent increase fares
(24/01/2018 00:08)TheShire Wrote:  Im aware of that and that sounds jolly exciting...If you can withstand standing room only, delays and higher fares

If Warrington did get a direct airport bus there's no guarantee it would cost no more than the current Network Warrington day ticket price or that it would be an express service.
With Credit to Network Warrington on Twitter they have won the Evening and Sunday 360 Contract

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(24/01/2018 11:44)T42 PVM Wrote:  With Credit to Network Warrington on Twitter they have won the Evening and Sunday 360 Contract

Wonder if they will extend some journeys commercially from Newton to Warrington. It would make a lot of sense and save a little bit of dead mileage.
Looking again at the tweet it looks like it will indeed be Warrington - Wigan

(24/01/2018 11:44)T42 PVM Wrote:  With Credit to Network Warrington on Twitter they have won the Evening and Sunday 360 Contract

That's very good news to hear. Exciting times at Network Warrington
(24/01/2018 12:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looking again at the tweet it looks like it will indeed be Warrington - Wigan

That's brilliant, definitely does make sense.
We just need route learning on it. After Newton station I have absolutely no idea how it gets to Wigan :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)