Current time: 24/04/2024, 22:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(20/01/2018 23:11)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  One thing to point out...the north west bus blog indicates the vehicles will have the larger 6 cylinder Cummins engine. My understanding is it will be the smaller 4 cylinder cummins engine with a voith gearbox...

Based on what you've said - and going off the number of window bays in the artists impression - the new Enviro200s must be the 11.5 metre variant. I think that one's only available with the 4 cylinder engine whereas the 11.8 metre variant comes with the 6 cylinder engine
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is the number 5 being re-routed to serve Partington? The TfGM bus services committee report 19/1/18 states that changes to the Partington Local Link from 8th April 2018 are being made due to the re-routing of the 5:
Quote:Work has been undertaken to change the model for the delivery of the Partington Local Link service to make it work better with the existing bus network (as well as improvements being made to the bus network – namely the rerouting of the No. 5 bus to serve Partington and an earlier journey on the 255).
(21/01/2018 21:23)urmstonian Wrote:  Is the number 5 being re-routed to serve Partington? The TfGM bus services committee report 19/1/18 states that changes to the Partington Local Link from 8th April 2018 are being made due to the re-routing of the 5:

A couple of journeys already operate this way on Monday to Fridays, serving Partington -> Lymm High School market. Initially I wondered if the report was referring to this, but the document says that Lymm need not be served by Local Link during off-peak hours - so that implies at least the off-peak journeys may be diverted. Good spot.

There are likely to be timetable changes from 8th April if the off-peak journeys between Lymm and Altrincham become tendered to TfGM - a knock-on effect from the Cheshire East bus subsidy review.
(22/01/2018 10:11)JimmyMac Wrote:  A couple of journeys already operate this way on Monday to Fridays, serving Partington -> Lymm High School market. Initially I wondered if the report was referring to this, but the document says that Lymm need not be served by Local Link during off-peak hours - so that implies at least the off-peak journeys may be diverted. Good spot.

There are likely to be timetable changes from 8th April if the off-peak journeys between Lymm and Altrincham become tendered to TfGM - a knock-on effect from the Cheshire East bus subsidy review.

That's how I read it. This would leave Dunham Massey without a service?
(22/01/2018 12:46)urmstonian Wrote:  That's how I read it. This would leave Dunham Massey without a service?

Perhaps it’s actually the 35 journies that are going to be rerouted via partington (with a renumbering). There’s sparse population between Lymm and Bowdon, and they only run off peak.
(22/01/2018 12:46)urmstonian Wrote:  That's how I read it. This would leave Dunham Massey without a service?

Not necessarily, could potentially serve both on the same bus (doing a loop of Partington), or a variation at Lymm to allow an hourly bus to Altrincham and an hourly bus to Partington. No doubt all will be revealed next month along with the Cheshire Cat.
(22/01/2018 13:24)JimmyMac Wrote:  Not necessarily, could potentially serve both on the same bus (doing a loop of Partington), or a variation at Lymm to allow an hourly bus to Altrincham and an hourly bus to Partington. No doubt all will be revealed next month along with the Cheshire Cat.

Thanks, will be interesting to see. Can't wait to see the Cheshire Cat buses in operation!
(19/01/2018 18:53)Valandil Wrote:  An image of the Cheshire Cat livery is available on this article:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...whiskers-1

It seems that the frequency through Stockton Heath will remain every 10 minutes.
One thing which will contribute to the "simplification" of these services is the axing of the 35 (and 47), no doubt with the 5 becoming more frequent.

In other news, the new 16(A) timetable is now available:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...284531.pdf

When the word Cheshire Cat they'll be using i actually thought it would be the cat from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in a black/purple/pink livery.
And as for service for Altrincham, It would be good if they were two no 5 service per hour, one terminates at Partington and the other continues to Altrincham and renumber the 35 to X35 for a more direct to Altrincham via Lymn and perhaps continue to Manchester Airport, Warrington can do with a Airport service.
(23/01/2018 11:16)TheShire Wrote:  And as for service for Altrincham, It would be good if they were two no 5 service per hour, one terminates at Partington and the other continues to Altrincham and renumber the 35 to X35 for a more direct to Altrincham via Lymn and perhaps continue to Manchester Airport, Warrington can do with a Airport service.

I think it's as near confirmed as could be that the 35 is withdrawn from April due to Cheshire East subsidy cuts. Any airport route should probably be express, i.e. not via Altrincham, and revert to the old Broomedge route number of (7)37 (geddit?!?!) - but I can't see it ever happening unless there were some funding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)