Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
More than likely but I'm not sure - not seen any photos of them in scrapyards tbh

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/12/2017 02:07)buses7675 Wrote:  More than likely but I'm not sure - not seen any photos of them in scrapyards tbh
If something as special as the BlueBirds was going for scrap I think a lot of people would have photographed them on the way there.
Re: New depot
I now have a rough area. It is near the top of Saighton Lane. It wouldn't class the area as Waverton but it is close so possibly a slight miscommunication.
Travelling back from work to Chester yesterday afternoon, it was notable just how wedged the buses were! Certainly on route 2, most services mid-afternoon were full & standing!

Good for the company bank balance on the run-up to Christmas, but I suspect a lot of the extra number were there due to the strike action on Merseyrail.

Does make me wonder why a couple more double deckers couldn't have been used? Was yesterday a normal school day, which would of course make the deckers unavailable?
(23/12/2017 19:19)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Travelling back from work to Chester yesterday afternoon, it was notable just how wedged the buses were! Certainly on route 2, most services mid-afternoon were full & standing!

Good for the company bank balance on the run-up to Christmas, but I suspect a lot of the extra number were there due to the strike action on Merseyrail.

Does make me wonder why a couple more double deckers couldn't have been used? Was yesterday a normal school day, which would of course make the deckers unavailable?

My school was in and we finished at 1:15. The 605 had 19031 on it.
(23/12/2017 19:19)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Travelling back from work to Chester yesterday afternoon, it was notable just how wedged the buses were! Certainly on route 2, most services mid-afternoon were full & standing!

It does make me wonder as well. I think part of it is staffing. The buses are there and can be used before, after and inbetween schools. The peak times would of course be most sensible and most school routes are finished by this time. I am of the understanding that Rock Ferry and Chester are both short on staff. A driver I know has been on Loan to Chester the past few days and was recently on loan to Rock Ferry. Whether this is due to holidays, illness, taking on more work (chester on C56), I don't know but if they are struggling to find staff to do the existing duties, throwing a few more into the mix would only make things worse. Admittedly you could ask the school drivers in Rock Ferry to do the dupes but I am told they are reluctant to do much more than the school routes. (The school drivers may be happy to do more but I am told otherwise. Of course the only way to know for certain is ask them all personally).
Gillmoss couldn't help either as I know they are pretty busy on existing routes and I don't think there are many school buses which have spare time. The Esteems used to do schools then it was part of the bus duty to run on 20s. If that is the case, GM has no proper spare buses (except a few which would be required for breakdowns etc).
(23/12/2017 20:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  It does make me wonder as well. I think part of it is staffing. The buses are there and can be used before, after and inbetween schools. The peak times would of course be most sensible and most school routes are finished by this time. I am of the understanding that Rock Ferry and Chester are both short on staff. A driver I know has been on Loan to Chester the past few days and was recently on loan to Rock Ferry. Whether this is due to holidays, illness, taking on more work (chester on C56), I don't know but if they are struggling to find staff to do the existing duties, throwing a few more into the mix would only make things worse. Admittedly you could ask the school drivers in Rock Ferry to do the dupes but I am told they are reluctant to do much more than the school routes. (The school drivers may be happy to do more but I am told otherwise. Of course the only way to know for certain is ask them all personally).
Gillmoss couldn't help either as I know they are pretty busy on existing routes and I don't think there are many school buses which have spare time. The Esteems used to do schools then it was part of the bus duty to run on 20s. If that is the case, GM has no proper spare buses (except a few which would be required for breakdowns etc).
Gillmoss has recently received eight Tridents and three Enviro400 from Preston. What are these doing?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(23/12/2017 22:13)childwallblues Wrote:  Gillmoss has recently received eight Tridents and three Enviro400 from Preston. What are these doing?

They're in reserve
gka472l Wrote:
Gillmoss's 10545 just spotted in Bromborough on the X8 Chester bound

(20/12/2017 14:29)326VFM Wrote:  Since last Monday morning until now. Maybe short term loan for Xmas peak time.

10545 on X8 today (30 December) -- and 19040 broken down in Ellesmere Port bus station this morning.
(23/12/2017 22:13)childwallblues Wrote:  Gillmoss has recently received eight Tridents and three Enviro400 from Preston. What are these doing?

There is a report on facebook that 7 Tridents and 2 MAN Enviro300s are to go to SC & NL at Morecambe this month.

Smile Today is a good day Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)