Current time: 18/04/2024, 05:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumfybus
RE: Cumfybus
(23/11/2017 20:11)RedPanda Wrote:  Manoeuvrability immediately springs to mind as a possibility

I suspect that the acceleration on Geminis is much slower than a Solo and that is an important factor on a tight timetable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
So do these Geminis actually see any use at all ie on schools etc or are they just sat doing nothing??
They are used on Schools, think 2 are allocated to Aintree and 2 at Southport

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Noted at Southport yard today were. X662/664WCH, MX53ZWF, MX04VME, MX06FMO, YJ61JJK/JKL/JKO, YJ12GUD/GUV and three blue liveried Fiats possable SF06OWR, SF56DPZ/FUY
(29/11/2017 19:52)wimdebusse Wrote:  Noted at Southport yard today were. X662/664WCH, MX53ZWF, MX04VME, MX06FMO, YJ61JJK/JKL/JKO, YJ12GUD/GUV and three blue liveried Fiats possable SF06OWR, SF56DPZ/FUY

According to DVLA, YJ61 JKL, YJ61 JKO, and YJ12 GUV don't exist. Do you perhaps mean JJL, JJO and GUF? (all ex-Rotala Group hybrid Optare Versas)

Did X664 WCH appear VOR? I notice that its tax expires at midnight, and hasn't yet been renewed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/11/2017 19:30)Quackdave Wrote:  According to DVLA, YJ61 JKL, YJ61 JKO, and YJ12 GUV don't exist. Do you perhaps mean JJL, JJO and GUF? (all ex-Rotala Group hybrid Optare Versas)

Did X664 WCH appear VOR? I notice that its tax expires at midnight, and hasn't yet been renewed.

Review of photos is JJL, JJO & YJ12GTV, both the X reg
hsve a notice in the windscreen. mistake due to scribbled notes whilst passing on bus
Anyone have an idea how long the X Reg Solo has left in service it seems to be in good condition for a 17 year old Solo
Wouldn't have thought long once the remaining Versas enter service.
Also the yard at Southport has been completely cleared of all scrap buses. Looks like PVS were busy.
Wasn't a good night for Cumfybus in Maghull last night. Yobs were jumping on the back ends of buses while they were loading at the station and when stopped at traffic lights and Solo MX55WDG which has been decorated for Christmas had two of its windows smashed. A passing motorist alerted the driver of the bus I was on to the yobs on the back and MX55WDG was supposed to be on the late duty but was exchanged for MX09MJO when that had finished its earlier duty.
A drive passed the Southport yard half an hour ago revealed the results of a spending spree.

3 Optare Metrocities with dual doors in red with "Shaun's" fleetnames plus an all over black 12 plate Versa as well.

Also seen slightly beforehand at the lights at Roe Lane/ Hartwood Road was another Hybrid Versa in silver on suspended tow behind an American big rig wrecker. Not sure if this is Cumfy's as I drove to their yard shortly after but it hadn't arrived yet. I took a crappy photo but not sure how to attach it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)