Current time: 29/03/2024, 02:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I think the question should be where will Arriva cut that will open things up for Stagecoach. I mean over the last few years they have halved the frequencies on routes to Crewe and Runcorn, so if they pull off either of these altogether, there's then a space for Stagecoach expansion. I don't see any other possibilities really.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
On a similar issue as much as i dont want council run companies to vanish as their are only 9 left in the UK, i miss chester city as i think first buying it was a disaster, at least arriva promised to to keep the network as it was for 3 years, i know stagecoach have tried to buy halton in past & it would fit well, a few years ago when arriva cut down their warrington area operations I thought they were looking at trying to get warrington again but I'm glad it didn't happen
(13/11/2017 00:13)mtl97 Wrote:  On a similar issue as much as i dont want council run companies to vanish as their are only 9 left in the UK, i miss chester city as i think first buying it was a disaster, at least arriva promised to to keep the network as it was for 3 years, i know stagecoach have tried to buy halton in past & it would fit well, a few years ago when arriva cut down their warrington area operations I thought they were looking at trying to get warrington again but I'm glad it didn't happen

I Chester city transport too I use to work for tham and I miss the buses to
(12/11/2017 23:19)wirralbus Wrote:  The new depot will have room for how many vehicles against the existing depot ?
No, the new depot only has 56 spaces afaik. I know you could fit more around the spaces but that could cause operational issues and by very tight.

(12/11/2017 23:27)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I think the question should be where will Arriva cut that will open things up for Stagecoach. I mean over the last few years they have halved the frequencies on routes to Crewe and Runcorn, so if they pull off either of these altogether, there's then a space for Stagecoach expansion. I don't see any other possibilities really.
I don't think Arriva will cut in Chester. The 3 does look like it could be on it's way out though with it being reduced to hourly but possibly the frequency reduction will help the money there. Even if the 3 was cut, Stagecoach would have to run right along Saltney High Street which is, lets face it, bombarded by Arriva (16 does serve the high street but the journey time makes it almost a no go if you are in that area). I think the route the 9 takes is the only way Stagecoach will get into Wales. Sealand Rd is too busy. Wrexham Rd has the 1 and X4, Saltney has the 3,4,11,12. Either Parkgate Road or via Ellesmere Port. I do think the SPs are very good competition though between Mold and Ewloe. The 9s must be giving the 10 a run for its money with fares being only £1 (I noticed this fare was from Wepre - CoCH, unsure how big the £1 zone is). I think the X1 would do excellent if it was more often (I know it is a tender). Lots of places to try and expand, jut doing it in a way Arriva wont kick up a fuss.
(13/11/2017 15:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  No, the new depot only has 56 spaces afaik. I know you could fit more around the spaces but that could cause operational issues and by very tight.

I don't think Arriva will cut in Chester. The 3 does look like it could be on it's way out though with it being reduced to hourly but possibly the frequency reduction will help the money there. Even if the 3 was cut, Stagecoach would have to run right along Saltney High Street which is, lets face it, bombarded by Arriva (16 does serve the high street but the journey time makes it almost a no go if you are in that area). I think the route the 9 takes is the only way Stagecoach will get into Wales. Sealand Rd is too busy. Wrexham Rd has the 1 and X4, Saltney has the 3,4,11,12. Either Parkgate Road or via Ellesmere Port. I do think the SPs are very good competition though between Mold and Ewloe. The 9s must be giving the 10 a run for its money with fares being only £1 (I noticed this fare was from Wepre - CoCH, unsure how big the £1 zone is). I think the X1 would do excellent if it was more often (I know it is a tender). Lots of places to try and expand, jut doing it in a way Arriva wont kick up a fuss.
£1 fare goes through to the Bus Iterchange. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19572 on the 51/53 today

Stagecoach Chester
Just been told by a stagecoach driver that two of the MMCs Enviro400 have returned back to there home at gillmoss I've just got off 10835
(09/11/2017 16:07)Busguy12 Wrote:  According to a couple of drivers from rockferry, after a meeting with the boss yesterday, rockferry is looking at putting deckers on 1/2 next year and hoping to put the depot as full gold.
All drivers now have to wear full gold uniform on all services except schools.
Intresting times ahead

This would probably mean current Gold Enviro 300s switching from routes 1 & 2 to routes 38, 41 & 42.
RE: Stagecoach Chester
(18/11/2017 18:06)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Just been told by a stagecoach driver that two of the MMCs Enviro400 have returned back to there home at gillmoss I've just got off 10835

I suspect 10830 is probably the other as I saw it heading up Everton Valley this afternoon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
With regard to putting deckers on routes 1 & 2, I'd agree that the 1 could do with them. Not so sure that the 2 needs them though.

There's also the issue of the low bridge at Bache on route 1. Although it's easy enough to divert via Upton Lane, this does mean that a busy part of the route would be omitted.

So my suggestion would be to keep saloons on the 2, but at the Chester end of the route, send this via Mill Lane/Heat Road. The 1 could then call at the Zoo, and then follow the route the P&R services takes, (i.e. back up to Moston Garage & the down Liverpool Road.

The alternative would be for Chester depot to operate a separate service along Heath Road/Mill Lane, (echoes of the erstwhile C40), but this of course means additional vehicles & drivers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)