Current time: 28/03/2024, 22:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The Gold Solos at Chester are near 10 years old, they weren't new when they arrived at Chester.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/10/2017 12:04)Busguy12 Wrote:  Is it true the golds get replaced every 3 years?

I don't think so....there's '61' plate ones at Kettering still on their original route, plus some in Oxford, think some earlier ones in Cheltenham have been replaced by newer though....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Don't think GOLDS would get replaced every three years, already costs extra to have them at Gold Standard so surely replacing them after a short time is not good business sense. Although I am aware that they would just get moved on to another division.
(20/10/2017 12:04)Busguy12 Wrote:  Is it true the golds get replaced every 3 years?

can't be if the optare solos are from 2007.
Some surprising moves due imminently (posted on the Stagecoach Enthusiasts facebook group by a Stagecoach South West member of staff)....E200MMC's 37440-4 apparently leaving the area for Plymouth...with Enviro400's 19569-72 (these were new to the Exeter park & ride and are virtually coach seated) due up here, no idea which depot mind....these said to be coming up next Wednesday.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Is the X8 being worked by buses originally intended to be used on another route?
(20/10/2017 19:15)gka472l Wrote:  Some surprising moves due imminently (posted on the Stagecoach Enthusiasts facebook group by a Stagecoach South West member of staff)....E200MMC's 37440-4 apparently leaving the area for Plymouth...with Enviro400's 19569-72 (these were new to the Exeter park & ride and are virtually coach seated) due up here, no idea which depot mind....these said to be coming up next Wednesday.

HTH

Could they be swaps for Chester given they are losing the 200mmcs

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(20/10/2017 21:54)mikestone Wrote:  Is the X8 being worked by buses originally intended to be used on another route?

Ever since the Liverpool Loop work the X8 has been run with a mix of single and double deckers. The first Double deckers where vehicles that where in different colours for the Cambridge Park&Ride service.
(21/10/2017 04:43)wirralbus Wrote:  Ever since the Liverpool Loop work the X8 has been run with a mix of single and double deckers. The first Double deckers where vehicles that where in different colours for the Cambridge Park&Ride service.

Am I correct in thinking that the MMC deckers on the X8 are part last year's order intended for Gillmoss and that they are only on long-term loan to Chester?
Them Exeter Enviro400s would be nice for the X8

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)