Current time: 07/05/2024, 04:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(21/08/2017 20:35)Dentonian Wrote:  £400,000 still seems very low overall. Its almost like saying Saddleworths, 409, 471, 582 etc (from my journeys off-peak, I doubt 17/18 are making that much) make £390,000 and everything else £10,000 between them. By the same token, if profits are so low, then franchising isn't going to damage the shareholders much more, and from the passengers' (sorry, customers') point of view, franchising might be needed to save their service. Noting you mention 58, which is being cut back to Oldham in a fortnight, and 468 where competition splits revenue.

I`m guessing the cutbacks are due to the overall low profits,i read elsewere that the profits for UK First as a whole could of been worst if the depreciation period for vehicles for certain vehicle types had not been increased (from 15 to 17 years) At a guess,it would be going against Stagecoach/Trams on certain areas that would be eating in the profits the most.

I Also agree that franchising wouldnt make a much worst dent for the shareholders,I Wonder if First would do a u-turn on their views about franchising if it resulted in them gaining a few of the more profitable routes that Stagecoach currently run (I Guess that would also depend on the terms set out by the franchising)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anyone know why 12013 and another bendy are parked up at Oldham depot? Are they Being stored while their fate is decided?
More vehicles leaving First Manchester this time Solos 53143-53150 from Oldham are shortly leaving to goto Doncaster to replace Enviro200s and Solos upthere which are going to First Buses of Somerset, not to sure what if anything will be replacing the Solos at Oldham
(27/08/2017 19:53)M60lad Wrote:  More vehicles leaving First Manchester this time Solos 53143-53150 from Oldham are shortly leaving to goto Doncaster to replace Enviro200s and Solos upthere which are going to First Buses of Somerset, not to sure what if anything will be replacing the Solos at Oldham

Replacing the 60 plates with newer buses on the Metroshuttle could be an option.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/08/2017 20:31)Dentonian Wrote:  The Metroshuttle buses are owned by TFGM and (from an earlier query) the contract isn't up for renewal until November 2018, with no plans to replace the buses until at least that time.

If First retain it then they'll probably keep the buses like they did with the older solo's.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
First Manchester are to trail a Volvo 7900VE demonstrator which will be used on metroshuttle 2 on behalf of TFGM. A temporary charging port has been erected at Shudehill Interchange. The bus is due imminently.
67425 is on loan to Bolton and is on the 501
(21/08/2017 11:04)NorthernCounties Wrote:  As i understand it, the question of franchising is why the newer vehicles are slowly being given to other areas in return for older.
What gets me is, first Manchester don't see they're the main reason that we're likely to get franchising and upping the age of the fleet isn't going to help

Maybe if franchising looks more likely, First will allow Manchester to have a fairly old fleet. Buses would then be withdrawn where First lose the routes but replaced, potentially with new stock, where First keep or gain routes.
Drove to stone in Staffordshire today to drop off a car. Got to say every First bus I came accross down there looked young, clean and very smart. 'The potteries' liveried Streetlites stood out with their striking livery. Hour and half later we came off M67 at Hattersley and the first First Manchester bus we came accross was an extremely tired looking, sounding 02 reg Solo that looked liked it needed a good wash and possibly a new turbo, the smoke pouring out of the Back of it didn't look good either!
Even the streetlites look plain and boring. Whys there no 'Manchester' branding like what's on the B9's?
They really need to pull there finger out in Manchester, they seem to be slipping further and further behind Stagecoach.
(02/09/2017 22:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Whys there no 'Manchester' branding like what's on the B9's?
They really need to pull there finger out in Manchester, they seem to be slipping further and further behind Stagecoach.

What's the point in branding buses in Manchester atm if they're so short on buses... Anything and everything has appeared on routes recently, so defeats the object of having branding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)