Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Does anyone know why the Optare Solo 47712 has the remnants of a Wright logo on the headlamp panel and why it has extra vents on the back? (Used to be an arriva bus!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/09/2017 13:49)lenno121 Wrote:  Does anyone know why the Optare Solo 47712 has the remnants of a Wright logo on the headlamp panel and why it has extra vents on the back? (Used to be an arriva bus!)

This is from a batch of Hybrid Solos originally operated by Arriva for Merseytravel. The hybrid bit was something to do with Wrightbus as far as I can recall and was presumably the reason for the extra ventilation.
They've long been re-engined, Cummins powered now I believe.
(01/09/2017 14:13)CTL45 Wrote:  This is from a batch of Hybrid Solos originally operated by Arriva for Merseytravel. The hybrid bit was something to do with Wrightbus as far as I can recall and was presumably the reason for the extra ventilation.
They've long been re-engined, Cummins powered now I believe.

Interesting! That explains why it sounds different to the other solos as well! Is there any more pictures of them before they were converted back to regular diesel?
27777 is the latest Enviro300 out of X8 Brandind

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(01/09/2017 15:05)lenno121 Wrote:  Interesting! That explains why it sounds different to the other solos as well! Is there any more pictures of them before they were converted back to regular diesel?

I believe that there were two different suppliers of hybrid drivelines, for comparison purposes. One was Wright, sorry can't remember who the other was. I vaguely recall that there were four of one and two of the other, though it might have been three and three.

There are quite a few photos of them on Flickr in their original guise:
MX54 YZR
MX54 YZT
MX54 YZU
MX05 MKL
MX05 MKM
MX05 MKN
(Sorry I can't combine those into a single link, because for some reason this forum starts corrupting URLs once they get past a certain length, by inserting %E2%80%8B.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I thought all 6 were built the same as hybrids but they had huge reliability issues such that Arriva 652 (now Stagecoach 47710) was rebuilt by Traction Technology and Arriva 654 (now Stagecoach 47712) was rebuilt by Wrightbus to compare different hybrid systems.

All six as you say were later sold to Stagecoach and converted to diesel.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(01/09/2017 12:49)buses7675 Wrote:  I think there is only one left at Gillmoss now, a yellow one - not sure which one of them it is, I'll have a look later if I get chance and report back

29884 CX02ECT is the only one left now - it is on the back wall at Gillmoss

buses7675

(02/09/2017 00:46)buses7675 Wrote:  29884 CX02ECT is the only one left now - it is on the back wall at Gillmoss

I assume that this one will be scrapped one day as well then. What is the scrap value of them?
That I really don't know, it is odd they kept one but maybe it'll go soon too.

buses7675

(02/09/2017 12:51)buses7675 Wrote:  That I really don't know, it is odd they kept one but maybe it'll go soon too.

Would be interesting to see if one is being kept to get it running or just to make sure one is preserved. What scrapyard have they been sent to?

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)