Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Bar the 84/85 avon & 811 a2b stagecoach will run all routes around bromborough & eastham, never thought that arriva would no longer operate in these areas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/08/2017 21:18)mtl97 Wrote:  Bar the 84/85 avon & 811 a2b stagecoach will run all routes around bromborough & eastham, never thought that arriva would no longer operate in these areas

Oh given time i think Avon will be on Stagecoach's agenda , maybe just for the extra depot space it could provide .

I too cant believe that Arriva have vacated such a big area , the 418/9 was such a long route and the last bit didnt seem to generate much passengers from Bebington Station to Mill Park.

Who ever devised the QBP for the 1 and 2 really was looking at it slanted to Stagecoach and Arriva in the end looked like they were not interested in it effectively when First landed Chester city Transport from the council.

Arriva now need to look at keeping up with Stagecoach on the 471/2 if Stagecoach Gold doubles do arrive , Arriva will have to look at improving there side of the bargain.
Yesterday i went to Grimsby for a day to see ex-Chester P&R Volvo Wrights 21263-21275 DK09G** also 21248 MX06VOT, look really well and cleaned, almost outing all day, 21266 stayed at Depot pit and 21274 stayed at Depot pit they got problem with heater fans. I enjoyed to see them all. They have few ex-Stagecoach Manchester Enviros 400.
(17/08/2017 05:01)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh given time i think Avon will be on Stagecoach's agenda , maybe just for the extra depot space it could provide .

I too cant believe that Arriva have vacated such a big area , the 418/9 was such a long route and the last bit didnt seem to generate much passengers from Bebington Station to Mill Park.

Who ever devised the QBP for the 1 and 2 really was looking at it slanted to Stagecoach and Arriva in the end looked like they were not interested in it effectively when First landed Chester city Transport from the council.

Arriva now need to look at keeping up with Stagecoach on the 471/2 if Stagecoach Gold doubles do arrive , Arriva will have to look at improving there side of the bargain.

Arriva already have the hybrids on the 471/472 with leather seats wifi and stuff so how can they improve
I think what was ment was upgrading to arriva sapphire, and the addition of USB ports
(16/08/2017 09:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  I have just been told by a reliable Arriva driver that they have won the SP1/2 and the X1/1/2

This would blend in well with Arriva's other routes from Chester to north Wales. That said, I am pleased to have been on those services with Stagecoach in May.
(19/08/2017 21:00)Metroline1511 Wrote:  This would blend in well with Arriva's other routes from Chester to north Wales. That said, I am pleased to have been on those services with Stagecoach in May.

I wouldn't take what has been said about the Chester to Ruthin routes being awarded to arriva as gospel, afaik the tenders haven't gone out for those routes yet as it's Denbighshire council where as the Sp1/2 in Flintshire and as stated in post 6454 the driver corrected himself so ATM the moment that contract is still under stagecoach

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(20/08/2017 15:13)chester285 Wrote:  I wouldn't take what has been said about the Chester to Ruthin routes being awarded to arriva afaik the tenders haven't gone out for those yet as it's as county

Up for tender by Denbighshire Council in November, Stagecoach likely contenders to keep the route if Denbighshire Council have any sense.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/08/2017 05:01)wirralbus Wrote:  Arriva now need to look at keeping up with Stagecoach on the 471/2 if Stagecoach Gold doubles do arrive , Arriva will have to look at improving there side of the bargain.

It's been mentioned a number of times before that Gold double decks are arriving
(20/08/2017 15:24)PO62 MKA Wrote:  Up for tender by Denbighshire Council in November, Stagecoach likely contenders to keep the route if Denbighshire Council have any sense.

The winner will be the cheapest bid, that's just the way it is, sad to say.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)