Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(12/08/2017 16:47)mr t Wrote:  Patronage has declined considerably since christmas on it. It might survive as just a weekend service in January but no more 24/7 are to be introduced anywhere else.

The X8 is also to become Gold in the near future Stagecoach want Gold on all Cross Rivers

I think when the rail work was on putting double deckers on the X8 upped its profile , before it seemed to be the forgotten service , some companies would have pulled it for not carrying much at the start , but with new routes you have to nurture it and thats what has happened here , stagecoach dont do things hastily i have noticed that , everything is finely balanced and considered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/08/2017 08:46)wirralbus Wrote:  I think when the rail work was on putting double deckers on the X8 upped its profile , before it seemed to be the forgotten service , some companies would have pulled it for not carrying much at the start , but with new routes you have to nurture it and thats what has happened here , stagecoach dont do things hastily i have noticed that , everything is finely balanced and considered.

It's more the fact it now stops at the Zoo and passengers can no longer use Arriva Tickets on the alternate routes. Many people (myself included) would just take the extra 40 minutes or so on the 1/2 to avoid having to buy another day/weekly ticket, having just bought one for another operator.

Now I'd have no choice and would opt for the faster X8 service
(13/08/2017 18:42)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It's more the fact it now stops at the Zoo and passengers can no longer use Arriva Tickets on the alternate routes. Many people (myself included) would just take the extra 40 minutes or so on the 1/2 to avoid having to buy another day/weekly ticket, having just bought one for another operator.

Now I'd have no choice and would opt for the faster X8 service

What alternate routes do Arriva operate to Chester , Stagecoach have Chester near enough to themselves when it comes to buses from Liverpool , Birkenhead and all points south.

Stagecoach's main opposition from Liverpool to Chester is now the train .
(14/08/2017 06:46)wirralbus Wrote:  What alternate routes do Arriva operate to Chester , Stagecoach have Chester near enough to themselves when it comes to buses from Liverpool , Birkenhead and all points south.

Stagecoach's main opposition from Liverpool to Chester is now the train .
I am aware and that wasn't the point I was getting at.

Alternate in the fact that you could previously use an Arriva ticket on both the 1 and 2 (including destinations such as the oaks and the zoo arriva didn't operate but you could use their ticket to get to). They don't have their own route anymore, and you can't use your tickets on what was the QBP, so passengers will opt for the quicker service (using the X8 over the 1 & 2) when travelling to/from the oaks, zoo and Chester from Liverpool and vice Versa, with it being a shorter travel time and same cost (that you would have to pay extra) as the longer services.

The success of the X8 is purely down to the fact it now calls at all tourist destinations, is cheaper than a return on the train, and there is no direct competition from Arriva, and indirect from the sense that pottentional X8 passengers were using arriva tickets on the longer 1 service (They now don't have he option to do so and therefore receives all income and trade, in this sense, passengers)
(10/08/2017 08:57)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  Been told that Townlynx have won the tender. Smile

SP1/2 are now staying with Stagecoach. Also an additional Flintshire contract has been gained apparently, watch this space....
(15/08/2017 11:37)CTL45 Wrote:  SP1/2 are now staying with Stagecoach. Also an additional Flintshire contract has been gained apparently, watch this space....

I heard DeeBees but I cant see that as afaik its a CW&C contract and not due up for tender
(15/08/2017 12:31)E208 WBG Wrote:  I heard DeeBees but I cant see that as afaik its a CW&C contract and not due up for tender

DeeBees have all been extended by CWaC to March next year. I have a feeling it's the 9/X9 from what's being said.
(15/08/2017 13:09)CTL45 Wrote:  DeeBees have all been extended by CWaC to March next year. I have a feeling it's the 9/X9 from what's being said.

That be a intresting move
(15/08/2017 13:09)CTL45 Wrote:  DeeBees have all been extended by CWaC to March next year. I have a feeling it's the 9/X9 from what's being said.

Even though CWAC says Stagecoach are withdrawing the 9/X9 from 4th Sept???
(15/08/2017 13:42)mr t Wrote:  Even though CWAC says Stagecoach are withdrawing the 9/X9 from 4th Sept???

They'd have a job withdrawing a service that they don't operate (yet)! Townlynx are the current operator of the 9/X9 and have de-registered the services (and all of their other tendered work) with effect from 4 September.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)