Current time: 21/05/2024, 19:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus Network Review
RE: Wirral Bus Network Review
Arriva september changes are now on their website, 423 stays & 418 timetable is on there, ive read somewhere that stagecoach might have 39, the 85 going direct via brimstage will save a lot of time but 84 will be odd route going via poulton & then splitting to either raby mere or eastham ferry, hopefully a2b will get 175
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/07/2017 22:10)mtl97 Wrote:  the 85 going direct via brimstage will save a lot of time but 84 will be odd route going via poulton & then splitting to either raby mere or eastham ferry, hopefully a2b will get 175

I don't think they thought the 85 through as from September Raby Village Won't have a bus at all and Thornton Hough Where a lot of people use the 85 will not be served Scrapping The Link Between Thornton Hough And Heswall Alltogether.

I Can See Why the 84 is going to Finish at Eastham Ferry Every Other Hour As with the 145 Only going to run in the early hours of the morning and the 146 And 286 Being Withdrawn The 84 Will Be Eastham Ferry's Only Monday To Saturday Daytime Bus. Then Again it's a loss of people living on the Mill park Estate And Raby Mere As They Will Be Only Served Once Every 2 Hours.

I Think The 175's Only Two Company's To Take it on Would Be A2B Travel Or Avon Buses But We Will Have To Wait And See.

1 Change I am not happy about is the 88 As it will No longer do the Monday To Saturday Evening And Sunday Extension To Neston And Parkgate As it was well used and I use it to do shopping in Neston. it Is Also Scrapping the Monday To Saturday Evening And Sunday Link Between West Kirby, Heswall And Neston Which People in Neston Have Been Asking a The Town Council For Years Now. I Don't know why they have taken it off as on a Sunday it's actually quite busy from Neston To West Kirby.
If the 88 makes money to Parkgate then why is it coming off? Simples it didnt. Same as the 487 was cutback to Neston before it
(30/07/2017 22:32)mr t Wrote:  If the 88 makes money to Parkgate then why is it coming off? Simples it didnt. Same as the 487 was cutback to Neston before it

One of the reasons the 88 isn't going to Gayton, Parkgate Or Neston is due to the 293 being withdrawn as Avon Drivers Switch routes When they get to West Kirby. But Since The 88 Only takes 25 Minutes each way Between West Kirby And Heswall it Can Get Back To West Kirby in time for the next service up to Heswall. So Instead of a Four Drivers On That Route At A Time There Will Only Be One Driver Driving the Route And That's Why They Are Cutting it back To Heswall.
So there we go "if" it was always well used then they would have kept it and used 2 drivers and buses instead so obviously it wasnt like u said
84/85 Heswall - Raby Mere or Eastham

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/07/2017 15:36)busdude Wrote:  84/85 Heswall - Raby Mere or Eastham

If memory serves me right this is the first time at least since deregulation there will have been a bus service from Poulton Lancelyn to towards Bromborough , is this to replace the 112/3 around said estate and maintain a vestige with merseyrail albeit at Spital rather than Bebington station.
409 Birkenhead - Wallasey - Poulton - Birkenhead
According to the route description the 409 now runs in one direction following the current route to Wallasey then carrying on along Poulton to Seacombe then to Birkenhead. There's no timetable for the 408 yet

418 Birkenhead Bus Station - New Ferry

Appalling timetable this is, no longer serving Woodside and the last one from Birkenhead is now at 18:14 instead of 19:19

423 Liverpool - Seacombe - Birkenhead

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Love how Arriva describe Moreton Kutsford Road as Knutsfoed Road

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Merseytravel have published a list of Confirmed Changes

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)