Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus Network Review
Wirral Bus Network Review
Consultations now taking place on the Wirral Bus Network Review:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...eview.aspx

Changes to be implemented July 2017.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Wirral Bus Network Review
(22/02/2017 16:59)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Consultations now taking place on the Wirral Bus Network Review:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...eview.aspx

Changes to be implemented July 2017.

I have got a feeling the following services might be withdrawn from Avon Buses 80,81,82 and 83 as not many people use them this is my opinion though but I hope that none of them get withdrawn
(22/02/2017 18:04)Jw88 Wrote:  I have got a feeling the following services might be withdrawn from Avon Buses 80,81,82 and 83 as not many people use them this is my opinion though but I hope that none of them get withdrawn

As with St Helens and Sefton, the only services Merseytravel are able to withdraw are its own tendered services. In Sefton, those tendered services withdrawn are, in many cases, to be taken over by the operators on a commercial basis.

I do wonder if there has been a little bit of arm twisting in light of the possibility of franchising when the Buses Bill is eventually passed.
(22/02/2017 18:31)Barney Wrote:  As with St Helens and Sefton, the only services Merseytravel are able to withdraw are its own tendered services. In Sefton, those tendered services withdrawn are, in many cases, to be taken over by the operators on a commercial basis.

I do wonder if there has been a little bit of arm twisting in light of the possibility of franchising when the Buses Bill is eventually passed.

So it's Avon Buses descision if they want to withdraw them services?
(22/02/2017 18:04)Jw88 Wrote:  I have got a feeling the following services might be withdrawn from Avon Buses 80,81,82 and 83 as not many people use them this is my opinion though but I hope that none of them get withdrawn

These are commercial services, nothing to do with Merseytravel.
(22/02/2017 18:51)moreton407 Wrote:  These are commercial services, nothing to do with Merseytravel.

So who decides on what buses are going to change
If its Commercial then its up to the operator of that service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/02/2017 18:56)Jw88 Wrote:  So who decides on what buses are going to change

Merseytravel liaise with the operators to see if tendered services can become part of the commercial network. I suspect that in some cases some payment is made to cover costs.
(22/02/2017 18:51)moreton407 Wrote:  These are commercial services, nothing to do with Merseytravel.

I know Avon, Arriva And Stagecoach Plan The Routes But Merseytravel Produces The Timetables So They Have No Say On Avon Buses, Arriva or Stagecoach Services?
(22/02/2017 19:41)Barney Wrote:  Merseytravel liaise with the operators to see if tendered services can become part of the commercial network. I suspect that in some cases some payment is made to cover costs.
yeah as Merseytravel Bus Services Such As The 293 And 181 Have Cheaper fares

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)