Current time: 26/04/2024, 15:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(31/07/2017 05:36)childwallblues Wrote:  Whoever drew the plan up must think that Chester is an all double deck depot.
Are ther any details yet on the depots capacity compared to the current site?

56 external bus parking spaces according to the plan. Looks to being done on the cheap/temporary to a certain degree as most of the external parking area will use the 'existing hardcore' area.
Details here for those interested: https://digital.flintshire.gov.uk/FCC_Pl...fno=057220
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anyone any idea of capacity of existing site in Chester
(31/07/2017 18:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Anyone any idea of capacity of existing site in Chester

I think it's about the same not 100% sure

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Trident 18002 on X8 to Liverpool this morning just passed at A41 Chester Zoo.
(01/08/2017 11:03)326VFM Wrote:  Trident 18002 on X8 to Liverpool this morning just passed at A41 Chester Zoo.

It wasnt on the X8 to liverpool it was on the X8 shuttle which runs from the station to the zoo during the holidays to relieve some of the pressure off the scheduled X8 service.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Does it actually relieve much pressure? It makes the X8 run every 15 minutes so if people are waiting for a bus 15 mins before it is due, yeah, great. Otherwise, it will just pick up a few. Unless you look specifically at the Zoo Extras timetable, these extras aren't shown so people will more than likely go for the ones which run every day not just school hols. Also, you then have to work out if the day you are going, all the extras are running.
They are registered and shown on stagecoach timetable however it is shown right at the bottom below Sunday. I personally do not think, 'I wonder if there are extra services sat at the bottom of the timetable...' Unsure about yourself. Unless you specifically look for them, you probably will not easily find them.

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...l%2017.pdf
They were needed last year. The old 32 Park and Ride service was always heavily used from the station to the zoo so im sure there is a need for the zoo shuttle.
At times of peak demand a thirty minute X8 would make the Chester Zoo rail inclusive ticket not attractive , basically the old park and ride 32 was just using dead return space but Stagecoach knew they had to revamp that service to be more productive and couldnt use that much longer , it also gave the X8 more bums on seats , which is always good .
(28/07/2017 17:04)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Yes and I'm telling you the G3 IS free. Its also going to be operated by a brand new low floor sprinter from what i've seen. Yes I know what you're thinking. too small. just have to see how it all goes.

The G3 will charge normal fares. Vehicle of choice is a Mellor Strata bodied Sprinter by all accounts, should be interesting.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)