Current time: 23/04/2024, 15:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(28/07/2017 12:35)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  I'm telling you its free.

Oh yeah it's free. I've been on it twice this morning, past few weeks ago I've been on it loads of time. Better for you on it for free, so Driver press the ticket machine to how many people to attend this bus to show council to see how many people to use it. They only one year contract to see how getting on the people on board.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Shopper Hopper is Free. It is the G3 i am interested in. New route compared to the ITT I obtained via FO.
(28/07/2017 14:32)iMarkeh Wrote:  The Shopper Hopper is Free. It is the G3 i am interested in. New route compared to the ITT I obtained via FO.

Yes and I'm telling you the G3 IS free. Its also going to be operated by a brand new low floor sprinter from what i've seen. Yes I know what you're thinking. too small. just have to see how it all goes.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(28/07/2017 14:09)326VFM Wrote:  Oh yeah it's free. I've been on it twice this morning, past few weeks ago I've been on it loads of time. Better for you on it for free, so Driver press the ticket machine to how many people to attend this bus to show council to see how many people to use it. They only one year contract to see how getting on the people on board.

G3 I'm on about

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Not too small when the tender is 13 seats + wheelchair. I hope this is true. Chester isn't meant to have any new buses though according to that tender so does Ashford have spares or something? It shouldn't be free. Just have it as Blacon Pointer prices. We asked for the service we didn't ask for it to be free to tax payers money is being wasted when we are happy to pay.
(29/07/2017 05:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  Not too small when the tender is 13 seats + wheelchair. I hope this is true. Chester isn't meant to have any new buses though according to that tender so does Ashford have spares or something? It shouldn't be free. Just have it as Blacon Pointer prices. We asked for the service we didn't ask for it to be free to tax payers money is being wasted when we are happy to pay.

Why are you complaining that a bus is free
Wasting taxpayers money. The money could be better spent elsewhere. People are still happy to pay 50p for the shopper hopper. Again, all that money could be spent elsewhere. A free bus is good, yes but... when people are willing to pay, it is a waste of money. We have schools which need more funding. why not charge and then schools can employ more teachers....
(29/07/2017 15:32)Dentonian Wrote:  Whilst there is an argument to say that services should not be completely free, as the money has to come from the Council tax-payer via the Council's subsidised Transport budget, you are technically wrong to suggest it could/should be used for a completely different public service. All LA budget's are ring-fenced, so you can't transfer money from one department to another - at least not without a Council budget meeting, which I would think would be the AGM. If you want more funding for Schools, then its the same argument as other national public sector functions - get your MP to fight for equal funding per pupil, instead of £5,900 per London kid and £4,600 per northern kid!

The money saved by charging reasonable fares on this G3, should be used to protect other unprofitable but economically necessary bus services within Chester/West Cheshire.

I would have said use it for other bus services but in my personal opinion, there are no VITAL services in Chester that aren't already being operated. There are definitely desired services though but rather than give an example which many would probably disagree with, it was easier to state the schools could do with more funding which we can all agree on.

We would all happily pay Blacon Pointer fares on this service which would mean as you said, it would protect other services.
http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/c...d-13399908

Plans for Chester new depot

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Whoever drew the plan up must think that Chester is an all double deck depot.
Are ther any details yet on the depots capacity compared to the current site?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)