Current time: 08/05/2024, 07:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
(06/05/2017 16:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Can I ask why you will be 'shot down in flames'? If anyone has seen any of these route like if it goes down your road or whatever, can you say what vehicle is normally allocated. Of course I dont want to see anyone being sacked or anything because I am asking for routes. Most school buses have names on of what sch route they are on so I thought someone in the area might have seen such a sign.

I just ment that someone how knew the operations better would set me right. It is basic key same bus same driver, and they do carry small shipboard in the window, though most of the time I only see the Southport ones on Lord Street Southport, or as I am passing M.T. on a bus. The M.T web . site is excellent for the bus info even to the extent of giving maps of route and the stops
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ahh, ok. The M.T site is good but it doesnt say who operates the blooming routes. That is the only downside but the rest is amazing. Same bus, same driver is a good way to have things but it can't half be a nuisance when the driver is on holiday because the passengers are used to the same driver who chats to them, knows their individual needs and stops etc.
(07/05/2017 05:31)iMarkeh Wrote:  Ahh, ok. The M.T site is good but it doesnt say who operates the blooming routes. That is the only downside but the rest is amazing. Same bus, same driver is a good way to have things but it can't half be a nuisance when the driver is on holiday because the passengers are used to the same driver who chats to them, knows their individual needs and stops etc.

Probably not much of a problem as Aintree only work private hires and schools, it's been said that the perents commented that they should hsve New buses and Aintree got them (about P5, R55, and the original W5ACL), can't say for sure about Aintree but the two Maghull vehicles have a teacher/assistant on board though it is same driver/bus. I'll go through my notes next week and see if I can dig anything up, but it's well over a year since I did a Crosby Schools spot
Would be good to see either the BCI Tri or the new (upcoming) BCI Dual on the road especially in public service. That would be very good. Shame Aintree do no public services over that side of the water.
(07/05/2017 05:02)M60lad Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that a couple of years ago when I used to observe the Merchant Taylors Schoolbuses regular that all of the buses actually had slipboards in the windscreen that gave the name of the school and where they were going.

That's after my time, so you may well be right!

SD.
YN05 WJA Scania is up for sale. I dont know if this has been mentioned already.
Aintree Coachline are running the shuttle service between Knutsford and the Cheshire Show ground. A 54 reg Enviro 400 is being used this morning.
Have they acquired anothe 400 then only one I know of is
the 58 plated one, though would have thought the BCI would have been better for capacity
(21/06/2017 10:58)wimdebusse Wrote:  Have they acquired anothe 400 then only one I know of is
the 58 plated one, though would have thought the BCI would have been better for capacity

It might have been SN58 CDK - the reg plate did start SN and it had the 25 years logo on it. I knew I wouldn't be able to remember the whole number plate so tried to look for a fleet number on the vehicle but couldn't see one anywhere.

There's also a Hartford station to the show ground via Northwich service I'm not sure if Aintree Coachline are also running that one or if that one's a different operator.
With regard to the BCI , this was seen heading south on the A483 near Wrexham this morning carrying a party of children.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)