Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Recently a couple of the alx400 bodied deckers that work the sightseeing tours have been having problems. Couple have broken down lately, how many spares have they got if a couple are off the road for repairs etc?

Also I noticed the other day that the gold solos seem to all have personal registrations, this a stagecoach move or were they bought with them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/05/2017 07:25)33109 Wrote:  Recently a couple of the alx400 bodied deckers that work the sightseeing tours have been having problems. Couple have broken down lately, how many spares have they got if a couple are off the road for repairs etc?

Also I noticed the other day that the gold solos seem to all have personal registrations, this a stagecoach move or were they bought with them?

not a lot. 17479 has gone for a new engine so we only have 17455,70 and 502. 55 has a tendency to overheat and 502 brakes are locking on sometimes. Overall though these tour buses are far more superior to what has been on it before and are great to drive. The only criticism I have of them, driving them all day on the tours is that because they are only 3 speed voiths and you're driving round the city at 15 mph they do get hot quickly because you are revving the arse off them in 1st gear. we don't have any spare tour buses because 4 should be enough but with 79 VOR there really isn't any room for failures. The most you can have out in a day is 3 when its every 20 minutes.

Gold solos this has been mentioned before quite a while ago. These number plates have been on different vehicles over time. 17272 had the HSV plate before it was transferred to chester. 17272 and 17745 are now in gillmoss for storage incidentally.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(30/05/2017 07:25)33109 Wrote:  Recently a couple of the alx400 bodied deckers that work the sightseeing tours have been having problems. Couple have broken down lately, how many spares have they got if a couple are off the road for repairs etc?

Chester have 4 Tridents for open top use but mostly only use 3, as regards the gold solos's they are originally 57 plate vehicles but MCSL have re-registered them to the cherished plates to hide their age

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
So what happens in the unlikely event that all 4 vehicles are unserviceable , is the service cancelled for the day , probably never going to happen.
(30/05/2017 19:02)wirralbus Wrote:  So what happens in the unlikely event that all 4 vehicles are unserviceable , is the service cancelled for the day , probably never going to happen.

I guess they could use a standard ALX400 or Enviro400 with Chester Sightseeing Tour on the destination screen?
(30/05/2017 19:43)Y727 KNF Wrote:  I guess they could use a standard ALX400 or Enviro400 with Chester Sightseeing Tour on the destination screen?

Yes, standard closed top buses will be used in the unlikely event open top buses are not available.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/05/2017 21:30)R557 ABA Wrote:  Yes, standard closed top buses will be used in the unlikely event open top buses are not available.

no they wouldn't actually because they don't have PA systems.

(31/05/2017 18:05)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  no they wouldn't actually because they don't have PA systems.

So what would they do then
(31/05/2017 18:06)Y727 KNF Wrote:  So what would they do then

Its very unlikely that all 4 would be off the road anyway. So lets not build up a situation that isn't one.

Today the City Sightseeing service operated at a 30 minute frequency due to engineering problems.
(That answers the question)

User(s) browsing this thread: