Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(13/05/2017 10:13)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It remains to be seen which routes the 7 for Rock Ferry will work on. Route 471/72 or X8 would be nice but the dark horse would be route 38, where I saw some Tridents on May 3rd.

They're for the 471/472. PVR 6
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/05/2017 11:11)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  They're for the 471/472. PVR 6

Thank you for letting me know. On a self-indulgent note this suits me better than if they operated route X8. I didn't go to Heswall last week and may prefer to combine Chester/Wrexham with Northwich on a daytrip next year.

Are back at Rock Ferry
There is only 19061 in Gillmoss now
New Stagecoach 200 timetable
(29/05/2017 18:39)E208 WBG Wrote:  New Stagecoach 200 timetable

How long do we think that this 200 service will last, as i can't see any paying passengers using this service,
Nor me - its free!
1 year council trial. I was told at one point that this service will be free. Unsure on the truth of that. I do agree with what someone else said recently though, Aintree should run it with the CRL as a kind of City Circular service. Northgate business will drop rapidly. They need to get a shift on as if all services move and we dont see any sort of building by the end of the year, I will scream. I think the original planned layout for this bus station was better too. It also included another 3 stands for additionals. The original was meant to be like Warrington but again, have 3 stops where they originally were on Gore Stacks. I think that would have been a lot better and made people a lot happier.
(30/05/2017 01:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  1 year council trial. I was told at one point that this service will be free. Unsure on the truth of that. I do agree with what someone else said recently though, Aintree should run it with the CRL as a kind of City Circular service. Northgate business will drop rapidly. They need to get a shift on as if all services move and we dont see any sort of building by the end of the year, I will scream. I think the original planned layout for this bus station was better too. It also included another 3 stands for additionals. The original was meant to be like Warrington but again, have 3 stops where they originally were on Gore Stacks. I think that would have been a lot better and made people a lot happier.

How about this for an idea. Wait and see. It's not even open yet.

Once it is open, and it is a working bus station, then we can see whether it works or not, at the moment it is just a building. Everybody was initially critical of there not being enough space to turn around buses in the middle of the bus station, but those comments didn't materialise, did they? Infact, there is more than enough room, even for buses with not the best steering lock.
My comments regarding the design. I just think it would look better like Warrington. As for the buses getting round, the council HAD to make amendments to fit the buses round so the original comments were true. Birkenhead can struggle at times and that is of a similar design. Birkenhead can have 3 buses waiting for the Liverpool stand and 1 in stand 6. That blocks the station for a short time. Blacons have 2 stands right now and even they can have 3 buses in there with 2 picking up. New station they have 1 stand and the drop off is shared with other services dropping and the 51 so can't pick up there. I know people are saying times are changing to no layover but if a bus is 2 minutes late, that has the potential to mess up the whole bus station. The whole stand allocation is done by times and not route groups or destinations. They are testing it at the moment and yes, it works fine. With 3 buses (now 4 per hour). That won't mess things up. The 90 available slots though, if they are full, they will mess things up big time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)