Current time: 05/05/2024, 08:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/04/2017 17:19)acocker96 Wrote:  Stagecoach have become boring now that all the interesting vehicles have gone they used to have a lot more variety.

I agree sad in away but at least the MANs are still out for now.

Interestingly I travelled through Ashton town centre today at lunchtime and spotted two MMCs rolling into Ashton together.... both on the 347 lol.

As for branding, we know Stagecoach's policy on using branded vehicles on practically every service there not intended for so nothing new there, Infact this morning I noticed two magic buses on 168/169z
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Bus services in Droylsden badly effected by a collapsed sewer on Market Street. The road is set to be shut for 3 weeks, possibly longer.
168/169 and 231 all diverted along Manchester road then up lord Sheldon way into Ashton. So a massive section of the route completely without any bus service.

Disapointing that stagecoach/TFGM carnt be bothered to arrange some kind of shuttle between medlock sports centre in Droylsden and Ashton. Yet again a gold mine for taxi drivers.
(21/04/2017 22:27)Mayneway Wrote:  Bus services in Droylsden badly effected by a collapsed sewer on Market Street. The road is set to be shut for 3 weeks, possibly longer.
168/169 and 231 all diverted along Manchester road then up lord Sheldon way into Ashton. So a massive section of the route completely without any bus service.

Disapointing that stagecoach/TFGM carnt be bothered to arrange some kind of shuttle between medlock sports centre in Droylsden and Ashton. Yet again a gold mine for taxi drivers.

I stand corrected. A shuttle is running between littlemoss and Ashton from Saturday running half hourly. It's a free service and will run until road re-opens. I suspect AZ will run it using Solos. Only snag is why not run it from the entrance to medlock sports centre rather than littlemoss. That's 3 busy stops not served at all.
(21/04/2017 20:01)Mayneway Wrote:  As for branding, we know Stagecoach's policy on using branded vehicles on practically every service there not intended for so nothing new there, Infact this morning I noticed two magic buses on 168/169z
It's strange but they are almost religious with having 10043-51 on the 76, very rare to see them on any other service during the day.
Supposedly the LHD Stagecoach Europe vehicles are all to be stored at Wigan

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
You'ld be surprised acocker96, 76 branded vehicles are used on virtually any services as well as 76s these days, it was only Thursday evening I noticed one 76 branded vehicle going out on a 255 then later on I noticed another one heading towards Trafford Centre on X50.

The only route branded vehicles that very rarely stray are 23/23A/24 branded MMC400s at Stockport and even when they do stray its only onto 192s, extremley rare that they venture onto anything else yet 192 branded vehicles go on virtually anything within reason run by Stockport Depot, there's even a duty on a Sunday/Bank Holiday that sees 192 branded vehicles heading to Bolton on 22 which I surely would put MMC400s on.
(22/04/2017 05:25)M60lad Wrote:  You'ld be surprised acocker96, 76 branded vehicles are used on virtually any services as well as 76s these days, it was only Thursday evening I noticed one 76 branded vehicle going out on a 255 then later on I noticed another one heading towards Trafford Centre on X50.

The only route branded vehicles that very rarely stray are 23/23A/24 branded MMC400s at Stockport and even when they do stray its only onto 192s, extremley rare that they venture onto anything else yet 192 branded vehicles go on virtually anything within reason run by Stockport Depot, there's even a duty on a Sunday/Bank Holiday that sees 192 branded vehicles heading to Bolton on 22 which I surely would put MMC400s on.

These are fairly common on Saturdays too.
(22/04/2017 19:35)Dentonian Wrote:  I caught 10043 on a 203 one Friday recently, but in all honestly that was the first time I'd seen one this side of Manchester since 10046 was practically dedicated to one 203 working for a week during the 2015 Summer holidays.
I've seen a branded MMC on the 325, but the corollory is that twice recently I have tried catching a 23 or 23A between Stretford and the TC and on both occasions a standard Enviro400 and a hybrid have gone through before an MMC has appeared. As regards Hybrids - ST's weekend use is even dafter; they have 192 branded examples on various routes, but the unbranded ones never seem to stray from 197.

I have occasionally seen an unbranded 12-reg Hybrid Enviro 400 on route 192.
One of the ex JPT enviro 300s (either 27624/5) was on the 11 this morning so presumably transferred to Stockport.
Managed to catch site of a few of the Ashton - littlemoss shuttles over weekend and today. All are being worked by one of AZs Enviro200 with a specially programmed destination displaying 'Ashton - Littlemoss free shuttle bus'.
P

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)