Current time: 16/04/2024, 13:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(07/04/2017 00:05)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  I suppose it's good practice for a driver to be familiar with what they're driving.

Interestingly, and by sheer coincidence, I just stumbled across this article which I hadn't previously been aware of. I suspect this may have been a major factor in why type training is taken much more seriously now than it was fifteen years ago.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/04/2017 20:42)Quackdave Wrote:  Interestingly, and by sheer coincidence, I just stumbled across this article which I hadn't previously been aware of. I suspect this may have been a major factor in why type training is taken much more seriously now than it was fifteen years ago.

Ive driven a variety of different buses and coaches and never have i had a problem finding the brake pedal. Whether its a Volvo, Scania, Leyland etc. the pedals are in the same bloody place. I find that unbelieveable. And ive never had to be told where the pedals are when ive done a vehicle familiarisation.
Find all posts by this user
Its rare you come across type training as such unless they are permanant transfers of a fair number of vehicles, Ive never come across it in any situation to be honest barring when new drivers start at a depot. Controls tend to be fairly similar or self explanitory across the fleet, barring maybe hidden start security switches which most new buses have.
2727 was on Knowsley Road at about 1145 showing Not In Service. Had it popped here on loan from the Pool? Seems to be having a proper Indian Summer!
That has been operating from Laird Street lately.
Wonders whether come the end of the Merseyrail Rail Replacement contract that there will be a few vehicles off to cutting torch over in Yorkshire.
Apparently not the Midlands and Southern Counties have been suggested along with the outgoing B7 deckers.
(13/04/2017 19:00)B10B6514 Wrote:  2727 was on Knowsley Road at about 1145 showing Not In Service. Had it popped here on loan from the Pool? Seems to be having a proper Indian Summer!
It's here but both that and 2708 are NFS at the moment and probably won't be out again until after the Easter weekend (on Tuesday) when they'll be required.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(14/04/2017 09:34)B10B6514 Wrote:  Apparently not the Midlands and Southern Counties have been suggested along with the outgoing B7 deckers.
Which B7s are going where?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(14/04/2017 19:46)childwallblues Wrote:  Which B7s are going where?

Y reg ex London ones, the brick bus is staying put for a while but will eventually transfer down south

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)