Current time: 18/05/2024, 23:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
RE: Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
(14/03/2017 19:11)Quackdave Wrote:  On a separate note, I wonder why the fleet numbering for new double deckers is suddenly all over the place? First, the seemingly illogical omission of numbers 4693-4799 prior to the allocation of 4800-4850, which are basically just a restyled and updated version of 4492-4535; now it seems a completely new series (10xx) is being started for the new ADLs.

Hybrids and conventional diesel-epicyclics, premium and regular specification vehicles, different manufacturers, have all previously been numbered sequentially in one standard series, so I don't see what's fundamentally new about these vehicles enough to start a new series.
I was thinking the same thing the other day. The previous (largely followed) convention seems to have gone out the window of late. I can sort of get The 5000 range for hybrid single decks (but it could have been in the 3000s) but then a separate range with just the Streetlites in is stupid and the the new range for the ADL is completely bonkers!

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/03/2017 20:21)Garsty Wrote:  I was thinking the same thing the other day. The previous (largely followed) convention seems to have gone out the window of late. I can sort of get The 5000 range for hybrid single decks (but it could have been in the 3000s) but then a separate range with just the Streetlites in is stupid and the the new range for the ADL is completely bonkers!

A few years back it was reported that Arriva was to establish a five-digit national fleet numbering system on the lines of Stagecoach and First. Nothing came of it but perhaps it would make things easier for all concerned as there must be some buses within the Arriva group that have had three or even four different fleet numbers over their lifetime.
(14/03/2017 21:58)Barney Wrote:  A few years back it was reported that Arriva was to establish a five-digit national fleet numbering system on the lines of Stagecoach and First. Nothing came of it but perhaps it would make things easier for all concerned as there must be some buses within the Arriva group that have had three or even four different fleet numbers over their lifetime.

Some former ANW B6BLE's then with Arriva Scotland West gained 45*** numbers but it seems it wasn't the start of a national system which you would think, rather something just done locally up there.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(14/03/2017 19:33)T42 PVM Wrote:  Confirmed on the Arriva North West (Enthusiast page) that Bootle are getting new Deckers in June! crazy really

I'm guessing more volvo wright uglydecks
One of Spekes commanders is now at Runcorn.
(15/03/2017 09:32)TheShire Wrote:  I'm guessing more volvo wright uglydecks
Enviro 400s apparently

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Heard from a reliable friend that Arriva Southern Counties Volvo B5LHs 7001-7011 are set to be transferred to Arriva Merseyside.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Does anyone know where the displaced commanders from Speke are heading to? 2578 is now at Runcorn with another I believe.
Not sure how true it is but a driver said that a fitter at st helens as said that st helens are supposedly getting the 56 plate plaxton centros as 2614 as been at st helens on the pits getting work done on it for the past 2 weeks and 2616 was here too.
(15/03/2017 09:32)TheShire Wrote:  I'm guessing more volvo wright uglydecks

The Volvo B5LHs are Gemini 3s. The StreetDeck is a Wrightbus integral with a Daimler engine

(15/03/2017 13:28)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Heard from a reliable friend that Arriva Southern Counties Volvo B5LHs 7001-7011 are set to be transferred to Arriva Merseyside.

That sounds like an interesting move. I wonder which garage they're destined for?

User(s) browsing this thread: