Current time: 26/06/2024, 14:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
RE: Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
(11/02/2017 20:00)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Oh, so it looks like there will be such a vehicle as an Enviro 400 MMC City? I thought Enviro 400 MMC and Enviro 400 City were different vehicle types. For example, Arriva have Enviro 400 MMCs in Leicester and Enviro 400 Cities in London.

The Enviro400 "MMC" is generally just referred to as the Enviro400. The Enviro400 City doesn't have "MMC" in its name
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/02/2017 20:30)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The Enviro400 "MMC" is generally just referred to as the Enviro400. The Enviro400 City doesn't have "MMC" in its name

I have specifically seen Enviro MMC City quoted here. From what you say, this does now seem an error. I therefore suppose the new buses for route 1 will be Enviro 400 City types?
(11/02/2017 20:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have specifically seen Enviro MMC City quoted here. From what you say, this does now seem an error. I therefore suppose the new buses for route 1 will be Enviro 400 City types?

They will the City variant yes
Are Runcorn due any cascades from Green Lane or Speke? I know they are due 9 new gas buses but I still think more bigger buses are needed.
(11/02/2017 19:55)Metroline1511 Wrote:  London could lose VLWs from routes 221 & 242 soon. Most on the 221 are 2003 vintage and slightly longer than the earlier examples.

Some VLA's or VLW's would definitely fit the bill Smile

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/02/2017 00:56)ant17612 Wrote:  Some VLA's or VLW's would definitely fit the bill Smile

I suppose the ex-London fleet needs to be cascaded somewhere but is this area in desperate need of 14-year-old cast-offs? With the introduction of the new hybrids, most of the current ex-London fleet has already started heading south.

Also, I assume that the cost of conversion is paid for by the recipient depot/region and I question whether that is money well spent considering these VLA/VLW's have, perhaps, five years' life left in them. Recently, a few local independents (Peoplesbus, Maghull Coaches) have started purchasing ex-Arriva deckers without paying for centre door removal.
(13/02/2017 10:10)Barney Wrote:  I suppose the ex-London fleet needs to be cascaded somewhere but is this area in desperate need of 14-year-old cast-offs? With the introduction of the new hybrids, most of the current ex-London fleet has already started heading south.

Also, I assume that the cost of conversion is paid for by the recipient depot/region and I question whether that is money well spent considering these VLA/VLW's have, perhaps, five years' life left in them. Recently, a few local independents (Peoplesbus, Maghull Coaches) have started purchasing ex-Arriva deckers without paying for centre door removal.

Dont forget all the PDLs are due out of London soon most of the ones of the 450 are waiting to be cascaded and the ones of the 410 will be leaving soon when they get replaced, so no doubt they will be scattered across the region considering they're in many lengths all 54 to 06 in age.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(13/02/2017 12:17)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Dont forget all the PDLs are due out of London soon most of the ones of the 450 are waiting to be cascaded and the ones of the 410 will be leaving soon when they get replaced, so no doubt they will be scattered across the region considering they're in many lengths all 54 to 06 in age.

Some of the early mini Enviro200s, 57-reg will be available for cascade in the summer, though I understand there was no interest when they were looking to dispose of the 06-reg MPDs
(13/02/2017 10:10)Barney Wrote:  I suppose the ex-London fleet needs to be cascaded somewhere but is this area in desperate need of 14-year-old cast-offs? With the introduction of the new hybrids, most of the current ex-London fleet has already started heading south.

Unless the double deck PVR at Wythenshawe has been reduced again that depot will need replacement vehicles for the DLPs which are due to leave the division. There's also the Lowlanders at Bangor and Rhyl which are coming up to 16 years old which will more than likely be replaced at some stage this year so I wouldn't be surprised if a small batch of double deckers came up from London to replace those

Out of the ex London fleet it's only the vehicles registered before January 1st 2002 which are leaving - so 9 DLPs and 10 VLWs
(13/02/2017 16:03)Dentonian Wrote:  Surely, the only requirement for 'deckers at WY is for school tenders. Notwithstanding the fact that next school year's tenders won't have been awarded yet, anything registered before 1/9/02 will be too old anyway.

I get that but if the plan is for Wythenshawe's four 51-reg DLPs to depart sooner rather than later then replacements will be needed - at least until the end of the current school year. Probably best to wait and see what happens anyway - but I still wouldn't be surprised if a small batch of double deckers from Arriva London arrives in the North West this year

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)