Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(08/02/2017 18:13)gka472l Wrote:  Not sure if some of the peak hour journey's have extra stops. Info from a contact in Cambridge, confirmation that 10797 has arrived there, first of the green ones to arrive?

HTH

I believed another arrived were 10799 (Green one) also 10801 (Grey one) I never see both for ages same as 10797 too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/02/2017 20:13)326VFM Wrote:  I believed another arrived were 10799 (Green one) also 10801 (Grey one) I never see both for ages same as 10797 too.

No sightings of those two as of yet, just 10797 sighted at Cowley Road......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Drivers on that X8 are clueless. Been seem stopping at Backford as well recently. Musnt be getting trained correctly.
Most of them dont know the stops from Ellesmere Port - Liverpool. All should know not stopping at Backford. Generally because they are Chester based, they arent knowledgable with the Wirral so dont know the stops.
I've noticed a few new drivers on the X8 recently, so I expect the rogue stopping patterns will be due to a lack of thorough training.

The problem with calling at unadvertised stops (apart from the drag on time) is that it's a sure fire way of generating complaints. Driver "A" calls at an unadvertised stop one day & customer is happy. Day 2, and driver "B" (who is doing the job properly), doesn't stop, and gets an earful from the punter!

I would have thought some aide memoir on the drivers running board would be a way of identifying the correct stops on the X8?
(09/02/2017 08:05)Turbostar Wrote:  I've noticed a few new drivers on the X8 recently, so I expect the rogue stopping patterns will be due to a lack of thorough training.

The problem with calling at unadvertised stops (apart from the drag on time) is that it's a sure fire way of generating complaints. Driver "A" calls at an unadvertised stop one day & customer is happy. Day 2, and driver "B" (who is doing the job properly), doesn't stop, and gets an earful from the punter!

I would have thought some aide memoir on the drivers running board would be a way of identifying the correct stops on the X8?

By now most passengers know the stopping places on this route and if they don't they should ask the driver. As there are so few stops between Liverpool and E-Port (six?), it really shouldn't be a Mastermind test of knowledge.

The express X2 (Liverpool-Preston) is easier to remember: it observes ALL stops until it gets to Crossens!!
Quote:By now most passengers know the stopping places on this route and if they don't they should ask the driver. As there are so few stops between Liverpool and E-Port (six?), it really shouldn't be a Mastermind test of knowledge.

Oh I agree. What prompted my question was that the driver on the day picked up at both stops, so it wasn't a case of a punter getting on the wrong bus & wanting to be dropped off, (that does happen though).

From E'port bus station, the present stops are (or should be);

1. Westminster Road
  2. Ellesmere Port rail station
  3. Eastham Bridle Road
  4. Eastham Carlett Park
  5. Allport Road
  6. Bromborough Cross (Peak only)
  7. Magazine Road
  8. Shore Drive
With the Rail works i'm surprised the X8 still takes the New Ferry By Pass rather than New Chester Road, so it can call at New Ferry Toll Bar for Bebington Station & New Chester Road-Bedford Road for Rock Ferry Station.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(09/02/2017 14:49)MTL0201 Wrote:  With the Rail works i'm surprised the X8 still takes the New Ferry By Pass rather than New Chester Road, so it can call at New Ferry Toll Bar for Bebington Station & New Chester Road-Bedford Road for Rock Ferry Station.

Might as well call it the 1 then,defeats the object of a limited stop quicker service

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Just noticed 10835 on X8 while walking the dog

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)