Current time: 18/06/2024, 17:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
RE: Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
(08/02/2017 21:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  Am surprised so many Buses are going to Southern Counties, Do they have a really old fleet or something?

If I remember rightly they've still got some T, X and Y-reg DLAs. Not sure how many though
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Quote:690-694 to Bangor (695 already gone swapped for 711) these shall be replaced by more Solo SRs from North West

Glad to hear that the replacements are from St Helens and not from Winsford and Macclesfield, although winsford drivers still say that the Solos at those two places are to be replaced by Mercedes minibuses.
(08/02/2017 21:15)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Five Solo SRs apparently

Many thanks. I know there has been rumours of some of the Solo SR'S going but then from the tone of comments made, it was looking like only the Cadets were being transferred. so thanks for some clarification.
(08/02/2017 21:50)Dentonian Wrote:  Excellent summary. I assume 7000-12 will be the E400MMC Citys for service 1.

Thanks. That's right yeah - they follow on from the demonstrator which was numbered 6999
(08/02/2017 21:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  Am surprised so many Buses are going to Southern Counties, Do they have a really old fleet or something?

Looking at the fleet list on uk buses from feb, ASC have 25* buses with a prefix reg
I haven't counted Y reg deckers in their fleet hence the asterisk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/02/2017 21:34)Olympian Wrote:  Glad to hear that the replacements are from St Helens and not from Winsford and Macclesfield, although winsford drivers still say that the Solos at those two places are to be replaced by Mercedes minibuses.

Well hopefully that doesn't happen because if it does it will be a catastrophe. When they trialled that Mercedes van thing the other month it was nothing short of shambolic. As previously reported it frequently had to leave passengers behind on more than one occasion, I witnessed 3 myself!
Aye that it did, we need what stagecoach have got tbh really which is enviro 200 darts. Bigger & better than the solos we've got now which have given a lot of issues.
(30/01/2017 22:19)ant17612 Wrote:  Any ideas what the next set of deckers for Wythenshawe will be should the 6 DLP's be leaving? Are we expecting anything to come up from London again?

London could lose VLWs from routes 221 & 242 soon. Most on the 221 are 2003 vintage and slightly longer than the earlier examples.
(08/02/2017 21:50)Dentonian Wrote:  Excellent summary. I assume 7000-12 will be the E400MMC Citys for service 1.

Do we know how many Commanders are going from Speke to Birkenhead? to replace the Myllenniums......

Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

(08/02/2017 22:14)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Thanks. That's right yeah - they follow on from the demonstrator which was numbered 6999

Oh, so it looks like there will be such a vehicle as an Enviro 400 MMC City? I thought Enviro 400 MMC and Enviro 400 City were different vehicle types. For example, Arriva have Enviro 400 MMCs in Leicester and Enviro 400 Cities in London.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)