Current time: 27/09/2024, 13:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
Many thanks knutstransport. Good to see an improved Sunday service on the Wigan - Liverpool line - the 1900 cut off time sounds about right. I presume the Chat Moss improvements/enhancements (including the Sunday service) will probably be May 2018.
Find all posts by this user
(01/02/2017 13:09)knutstransport Wrote:  The Blackpool to Preston line will be closed for 3 months from December 2017 so the December 2017 timetable will show no through services to Blackpool North between Dec 17 and Mar 18. Services on routes not mentioned as having December 2017 enhancements will remain as they are until May 2018 or later. I think Liverpool to Calder Valley was a 2018 or 2019 improvement anyway but Liverpool to Manchester Airport via Warrington, Chester to Calder Valley, Mid-Cheshire line enhancements, Buxton line enhancements, Atherton line enhancements, Manchester Airport to Cumbria to Wigan (and presumably also TPE enhancements) all originally scheduled in for December 17 look to have been put back until May 2018 or later.

The Liverpool to Manchester Airport via Warrington, Chester to Calder Valley, Mid-Cheshire line enhancements, Buxton line enhancements, Atherton line enhancements, Manchester Airport to Cumbria to Wigan (and presumably also TPE enhancements) all originally scheduled in for December 17 look to have been put back until May 2018 or later.

Is this when (May 2018) the brand new trains will arrive?
(01/02/2017 16:56)boby32 Wrote:  The Liverpool to Manchester Airport via Warrington, Chester to Calder Valley, Mid-Cheshire line enhancements, Buxton line enhancements, Atherton line enhancements, Manchester Airport to Cumbria to Wigan (and presumably also TPE enhancements) all originally scheduled in for December 17 look to have been put back until May 2018 or later.

Is this when (May 2018) the brand new trains will arrive?

The first new CAF trains will arrive in 2018 but the delay in getting new services started is due to GWR keeping most of the 150s for 9 months longer than intended due to GW electrification delays. 156s and 158s from Scotrail should also be arriving in 2018 with more new trains and a batch of 170s arriving (also from Scotrail) in 2019. The 170s are to be used on Southport-Leeds and Harrogate line services.

I imagine initially the new trains arriving will act as a catalyst for speeding up refurbishments than introducing additional services. Then once the refurbishments are completed the Pacers and 153s will be withdrawn.
(01/02/2017 17:29)knutstransport Wrote:  The first new CAF trains will arrive in 2018 but the delay in getting new services started is due to GWR keeping most of the 150s for 9 months longer than intended due to GW electrification delays. 156s and 158s from Scotrail should also be arriving in 2018 with more new trains and a batch of 170s arriving (also from Scotrail) in 2019. The 170s are to be used on Southport-Leeds and Harrogate line services.

I imagine initially the new trains arriving will act as a catalyst for speeding up refurbishments than introducing additional services. Then once the refurbishments are completed the Pacers and 153s will be withdrawn.

I see.
Today there were two cancelled services from Liverpool (0916 from LIV to MIA and 1717 LIV to PRE). How many 319s have failed today?
(01/02/2017 19:31)boby32 Wrote:  Today there were two cancelled services from Liverpool (0916 from LIV to MIA and 1717 LIV to PRE). How many 319s have failed today?

It won't help with 319361 going off to Wolverton for overhaul.

SD.
(02/02/2017 13:21)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  It won't help with 319361 going off to Wolverton for overhaul.

SD.

Is this going to be the first 319 with WiFi/repainted as well?
(02/02/2017 14:03)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Is this going to be the first 319 with WiFi/repainted as well?

Good question! I don't know is the answer.

SD.
(02/02/2017 22:06)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Good question! I don't know is the answer.

SD.

Thanks for honest answer. I'm sure we'll know in due course.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)