Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(31/12/2016 23:41)E208 WBG Wrote:  The rumour is
1 - no longer serves zoo and goes into town like a 2 or X2 from Dale Barracks

2 - serves the zoo and Bache

Personally I think this is just a rumour made up by drivers unless you see anything official I would totally ignore it

Whilst the above may be just rumour, it does make a bit of sense as you could then put deckers on the 1. Also, it could be argued that both the Zoo & the part of the route through Upton don't warrant buses during the late evening.

That said, the issue of Sunday services would need to be looked at if there were such a swap in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Are GM likely to use 27776-80 in service whilst they are on the depot?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(02/01/2017 20:15)childwallblues Wrote:  Are GM likely to use 27776-80 in service whilst they are on the depot?

It's possible but I doubt it. With the P+R MMCs now on the 1 and X8 and the additional 33 MMCs expected soon, unless GM are seriously down on serviceable buses, they may well have a rest and not return to their original roots/routesLaugh. I may, of course, be totally wrong.
(02/01/2017 21:02)Barney Wrote:  It's possible but I doubt it. With the P+R MMCs now on the 1 and X8 and the additional 33 MMCs expected soon, unless GM are seriously down on serviceable buses, they may well have a rest and not return to their original roots/routesLaugh. I may, of course, be totally wrong.

Service 2 and X8 , service 1 would do some damage to those Double Deckers .

Im surprised though that a metal bar has not been placed on either side of the bridge to protect it from being hit by errant overheight vehicles.
(02/01/2017 19:20)Turbostar Wrote:  Whilst the above may be just rumour, it does make a bit of sense as you could then put deckers on the 1. Also, it could be argued that both the Zoo & the part of the route through Upton don't warrant buses during the late evening.

That said, the issue of Sunday services would need to be looked at if there were such a swap in the future.

I.highley doubt it will happen in all honesty I think both the 1 and 2 will stay as they are now
I doubt that running double deckers on both the 1 and X8 would cause too much damage as there is a diversionary route in place for the 1 when a double decker is used If deckers were used on the services all they would do is use this diversion
As for Sundays that would be easy enough as the 1 could be renumbered as a Sunday only route to something like the 1Z ( Z denoting that it goes to the Zoo) and this too could take the diversion or5 just simply run back to Mostyn Garage and take a left turn and go into Chester that way
Just seen my first Cambridge 400MMC. It was on the 2 and full. Not standing but full.
(03/01/2017 11:55)iMarkeh Wrote:  Just seen my first Cambridge 400MMC. It was on the 2 and full. Not standing but full.

Today I've seen three Gillmoss Enviro 400MMC loaned to Chester 10541-10543. 10541 and 10542 on route 2 Chester to Liverpool, 10543 on route X8 heading to Liverpool.
(03/01/2017 12:57)326VFM Wrote:  Today I've seen three Gillmoss Enviro 400MMC loaned to Chester 10541-10543. 10541 and 10542 on route 2 Chester to Liverpool, 10543 on route X8 heading to Liverpool.

Yes, I saw them too. I wonder if the P+R ones are having teething troubles or perhaps they are having their heaters fixed.
Hopefully the Latter!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)