Current time: 25/04/2024, 15:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(29/12/2016 14:57)iMarkeh Wrote:  Buses cant go in the outside lanes due to the height. The inside lanes could be bus lanes though yes. The amendment to the X8 is an additional stop at Allport Road.

It's the other way around in the Birkenhead tunnel. The outside lane is for buses as the inside lane is curved and the clearance is too low for deckers to use.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I am confused. Inside lanes are the middle of the road aren't they therefore buses travel in the lane closest to the middle. Sorry, I am confused.
(29/12/2016 14:57)iMarkeh Wrote:  Buses cant go in the outside lanes due to the height. The inside lanes could be bus lanes though yes. The amendment to the X8 is an additional stop at Allport Road.

I was deeming outside lane from left to right , i should have made that clearer , my mistake.

Many moons gone by i have been on a 488 operated by Merseybus which used a leyland national and that did use the near side lane , clearly for safety reasons he shouldnt have been in there though.

Im not sure if adding more stops on the X8 is the best way forward , if you was going to add any more stops an all day service for Bromborough Cross would be a better prospect .
Not sure about double-deckers but I know in the Wallasey Tunnel single-deckers can use the inside lane as I have driven a single-decker in the inside lane of the Wallasey Tunnel on many occasion
The Birkenhead Tunnel only the outside lane can be used for any type of bus which can be a pain at busy times when you have to turn left to go out through the exit on Chester Street,Birkenhead
On Wednesday all vehicles had to depart the tunnel via the main toll booths and use Green Lane Retail Park roundabout.

Depending on the time of the day will depend on how much time that diversion will add to journey times , on looking at the Chester Street tollbooths i couldnt see any problems.
I've been on deckers on the 432/433 regally, & they use the inside lanes of the Wallasey tunnel without any problems.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
The Wallasey Tunnels where profiled in the era of the first HGV's and so are a different shape to the Birkenhead Tunnels bore .
Just been informed chester have a E400MMC on X8 today
And Rock Ferry have one on the 2
(30/12/2016 11:32)E208 WBG Wrote:  Just been informed chester have a E400MMC on X8 today

From a posting elsewhere, 10798, 10806 & 10810 on X8 today.....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)