Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(13/12/2016 08:16)M60lad Wrote:  Are Rock Ferry short of drivers at the moment? Only reason why I ask is that apparently they've got drivers from Chester and Gillmoss covering various services including the Golds are the moment.
More have left for Laird Street

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/12/2016 08:44)Penny Return Wrote:  More have left for Laird Street

Presumably Arriva offer better conditions and rates of pay so the only solution for Stagecoach is to at least match these and until that happens there will always be an issue with recruiting and retaining staff. Therefore, the level of service that bus users get on the Wirral depends on the route they use. This is an inevitable consequence of bus deregulation and free market forces. Whether it changes IF some form of franchising is ever introduced within the LCR is yet to be seen.
Just noticed that between Christmas and New Year, Saturday services are being operated on the majority of routes this year. Previously, Weekday services operated on the Chester-Liverpool corridor so it's going to make my home to work commute a bit of a pain over the festive period.

On another tack, there's also a fare increase for holders of 4 weekly and direct debit tickets from 3 January too. Not a huge increase to be fair, but I can guarantee my wages won't increase to keep pace!
(16/12/2016 10:24)Turbostar Wrote:  Just noticed that between Christmas and New Year, Saturday services are being operated on the majority of routes this year. Previously, Weekday services operated on the Chester-Liverpool corridor so it's going to make my home to work commute a bit of a pain over the festive period.

On another tack, there's also a fare increase for holders of 4 weekly and direct debit tickets from 3 January too. Not a huge increase to be fair, but I can guarantee my wages won't increase to keep pace!

Stagecoach has just released its intentions regarding the closure of the Wirral loop line double deckers are to replace singles on other the X8 and 2

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Can I ask where you have seen that as I cant find it. Thanks, Mark
Deckers for the 2 & X8 (link to Stagecoach site)
Thank you. I was trying to find the news type page but couldn't find it. Much appreciated.
(16/12/2016 12:17)E208 WBG Wrote:  Deckers for the 2 & X8 (link to Stagecoach site)

I hear the first of the Cambridge MMC's are possibly expected at Gillmoss this weekend....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(16/12/2016 14:00)gka472l Wrote:  I hear the first of the Cambridge MMC's are possibly expected at Gillmoss this weekend....
Are these duel door ones like the old P&R ones?
(16/12/2016 18:34)E208 WBG Wrote:  Are these duel door ones like the old P&R ones?

Going to be interesteing to see double deckers on 2and x8

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)