Current time: 26/06/2024, 14:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Chester Bus Exchange
RE: New Chester Bus Exchange
(03/04/2017 16:51)mikestone Wrote:  There are some interestingly placed bollards at the end of Frodsham street

Another waste of money!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Are there going to be stops on St. Oswalds Way for e.g. the 11?
I know this isn't technically about the bus station, but Frodsham Street has re-opened to buses today. Initially, only the City-Rail-Link will be using the new 'shared space', and is stopping at the old Stand D on Foregate St, now Stop 1.

I believe the Park and Ride services look set to be using Frodsham Street as well in the next few weeks, using the other available stops on Foregate Street.

I am not sure what the long term plan is for how many buses will be using Frodsham/Foregate Street, however, I do know that Love Street will be staying the same (one way only) for the time being.
If Frodsham Street is going to be a shared space , first and foremost you dont want it over-run with too many vehicles so limiting services using it is most important .
(06/04/2017 10:36)wirralbus Wrote:  If Frodsham Street is going to be a shared space , first and foremost you dont want it over-run with too many vehicles so limiting services using it is most important .

would have been better keeping frodsham street and foregate street pedestrianised,this shared space idea is accident waiting to happen
(06/04/2017 11:01)FC Pictures Wrote:  would have been better keeping frodsham street and foregate street pedestrianised,this shared space idea is accident waiting to happen

I understand but the way Chester is built instantly puts passengers off completely if they get dumped at the extremities of the city .
(06/04/2017 11:01)FC Pictures Wrote:  would have been better keeping frodsham street and foregate street pedestrianised,this shared space idea is accident waiting to happen
Experience elsewhere suggests otherwise.
Stagecoach 7 and Arrowebrook 26 ynow using Frodsham St too. While in Love St two Aintree Enviro200s in quick succession too. Only bus seen on raillink was 116.
I saw the new bus station last Wednesday. As it looks bigger than the current exchange I wonder whether it will be used by some additional services? I'm sure for example that National Express had a separate coach station, which I even used in 2002.
(13/05/2017 10:17)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I saw the new bus station last Wednesday. As it looks bigger than the current exchange I wonder whether it will be used by some additional services? I'm sure for example that National Express had a separate coach station, which I even used in 2002.

Additional services! LaughLaughLaugh

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)