Current time: 01/07/2024, 14:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(03/03/2013 01:00)jimbo Wrote:  Yeah I know - we shall see - Bluebird is officially Stagecoach as of well 1 hour ago... Nothing had changed at their depot 2 hours ago... I shall see if anythign has changed when I pass it tomorrow when on the way to work... Will be interesting to see how JPT deal with the competition. Bare in mind they have also just lost the 169 night time tender... And not heard of them winning any...

When JPT made the announcement about their second depot (which feels like a lifetime ago!) I'm pretty sure they said at the time they were slowly moving away from the tendered services and were concentrating on the commercial side of the business - whether that still applies or not I dont know but that's the risk with tenders.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
the 98 tender is indeed for sunday evenings only mate.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yeah, i didnt hesr of any when i posted that since then heard of that :-) and 17 night bus.

Im just hoping they stick around for years to come. Or if they do sell, they sell to anybody but first and stagecoach
if they was planning to sell out i dont think they would try and compete with other companys they would work at making what they got stronger

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
JPT are asking for our input on how to improve so they can stick around: http://www.facebook.com/jptbus/posts/10151790375048452
Ye I don't get what happened to JPT. Now I see large quantities of Olympians on the 118 with some Tridents.

Did they loose too much money on the 17 that they had to sell assets?
no they tried to expand, and sold newer buses to buy multiple old buses...
simple math in the bus world for when you need extra buses (what JPT Did)

1 Nice new Enviro 400 = 2/3 Plaxton Presidents = 3/4 Olympians + a ALX200 = Aload of junk that no one wants to use
Surely they could have secured finance or expanded a little slower?
(12/03/2013 22:58)Polo Mint Wrote:  Surely they could have secured finance or expanded a little slower?

yes but they dived straight in at the deep end with 17 Bus War

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)