Current time: 19/05/2024, 11:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool.
(11/10/2013 13:31)Official Wrote:  First before anything I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong thread OR if there is already a similar discussion elsewhere!

Closure of bus lanes, this is getting every bus driver talking!

What a nightmare this is going to be.

Should it not have been the other way round, Cars not allowed in to Liverpool City Centre Mon-Sat day and eves? Rather than allowing them to use BUS LANES! So much for encouraging people to use public transport!

One way to ease congestion in the City Centre is simple, don't allow cars in to Liverpool CC of a day and weekends. OR. bring in a congestion charge.

In the whole of the Merseyside area, Hanover Street stands and remains at the most number of incidents involving pedestrians and buses!

We should be encouraging more people to use our buses and not to be jumping in there cars!

Id like to hear your thoughts on this!

Sorry about the rant! Hammer

Personally I don't agree with the closure of bus lanes, it is really a stupid idiot from a mayor who is not fit for purpose. I speak as both car driver and bus passenger, and use both to get to work depending on the day of the week. No problem with bus lanes at all, there are one or two places where the bus lane is in a stupid place but there you go.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool. - MPTE1955 - 11/10/2013 13:36

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)