Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(13/02/2013 21:34)507009 Wrote:  More than likely both Marshalls were replacements as they were both on the so-called "double decker duties". 7669 was the one I saw tonight, while 4030 was on the 18.50 working, the more usually booked single decker service. I assume all three 56s started the day as deckers and smaller replacements can't be helped when all DLAs tend to be out these days.
7669 must have been the "LED'd" Marshall that I seen, then - it looked like 7660 from where I identified it in Netherton, however, obviously, I identified it wrong as 7660 was on the 311!

I rode on Pulsar 2 MX59 FFZ (3020) on my 311 from Aintree to Skelmersdale this morning and also on my 311 journey from Skelmersdale to Old Roan this afternoon! Disappointingly, its exterior had a few odd panels and the white stripe didn't continue in succession next to the front entrance/exit. Its interior featured plenty of faded and odd seats, of which the back ones were flat, accompanied by minor vandalism on a few seat-backs. Ride-quality-wise, this bus was OK - just a rattly cab door was a minor problem. The bus, despite its sluggish amount of speed, sounded nice. This isn't one of Bootle's best VDL SB200CS', however I wouldn't call it one of the worst examples.

I also had Pulsar 2 MX59 FFV (3017) on my 55 journey from Netherton (Chapel Lane) to Old Roan this morning, although it wouldn't be fair to judge this journey as it consists of a lot of speed-bumps and the driver was taking it easy due to running slightly early - noteworthy, the first driver since I started using that journey (albeit not on a regular basis) to arrive at Old Roan Interchange more-or-less on time and not several minutes early. (Also, I wasn't able to have a good look at its interior, due to me sitting at the front of the bus, and its exterior, due to it being dark.) I have to be at the stop on Chapel Lane before 06:35, despite it not being scheduled to leave there until 06:40, as it usually arrives and leaves at that (the former) time.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - M113 YKC - 14/02/2013 18:18

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)