Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Franchising
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising
(12/04/2021 21:54)Mrboo Wrote:  And none of it will help Manchester as Manchester needs 1 bus Station that is close to shopping areas as now there little parking for cars so shoppers will stop using Manchester. There some who think Metrolink and a free city bus will sort it. But it that was case how come did we get Metrolink when we had the centreline bus what they are trying to do is remove buses but not offer free Metrolink travel in city centre.

A relative of mine who drives for Arriva in Liverpool told me yesterday that the number of bus stands is totally inadequate and that it is only a matter of time before a fatal accident occurs as a direct result of the new road layouts.

Until the pandemic, I visited Manchester city centre regularly and note that, currently, it does have the luxury of an extensive Metrolink tram network and the free Metroshuttle bus services linking the Piccadilly and Victoria stations.
Fortunately, Andy Burnham will have the benefit of being able to see what's happening in Liverpool city centre re bus routeing, road closures and the location of bus hubs and hopefully avoid making the same mistakes in Manchester city centre.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising - Barney - 13/04/2021 08:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)