Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sefton Bus Network Review 2019
RE: Sefton Bus Network Review 2019
(07/06/2019 15:47)Walton 46 Wrote:  Results of the first round consultation now up. Proposed changes:

Current links and frequencies maintained on the majority of daytime and evening services
• Service 54 to omit Crosby bus station to improve reliability.
• 47 to omit Ince Blundell village
• Last two Arriva 53 journeys from Liverpool (22.52 and 23.22) to be extended to Thornton
Proposed changes to come into place 1st September

More details here:

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...-2019.aspx

It seems to me that that these proposals "to improve reliability" are really intended to reduce services for those who need them most, the elderly and the poor.

Whenever I am at Crosby bus station there is always a number of passengers, particularly shoppers and the elderly, waiting for the 54. If this proposal is confirmed it will inconvenience many people as the nearest stop is several hundred yards away on Liverpool Road.

Also, the proposal for the 47 to omit Ince Blundell will leave an already isolated small hamlet with no public transport provision whatsover in order to shave two minutes off the running time when, in my experience, early running 47s use Ince Blundell as a timing point. It will also mean that this 'local' stopping service will hold the record of having the greatest distance between any two bus stops (The Round House - Formby Lighthouse) of 2.8 miles.

On a positive note, the extension of the last two 53s from Crosby to Thornton is welcome as, currently, the last 54 from the city centre to Thornton (Runnels Lane) is 18.29 and the last 47 (to Quarry Road) is 22.20.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sefton Bus Network Review 2019 - Barney - 07/06/2019 20:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)