Current time: 05/05/2024, 21:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
(27/01/2019 17:24)Barney Wrote:  I visit Manchester frequently and am extremely impressed by how vibrant the city's nightlife is but find it astonishing that most services finish around midnight.

The most cost-effective (cheapest) form of night transport is the use of buses and my understanding is that Andy Burnham is keen to reintroduce these service in some form at least at weekends and contrary to popular misconception not everyone who would use these night buses would be drunken louts.

I suspect that if these services charged standard fares and allowed the use of prepaid tickets - as happens in London - the increased passenger loadings would probably cover running costs.

I actually completely agree with you. Up until a few years ago I was out regularly in Manchester on a weekend and it's disappointing that there is a distinct lack of public transport.
Personally given the upheaval and the amount of money spent extending the Metrolink system over the last few years I think at the very least Trams should run later on a Friday/Saturday night.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport - Mayneway - 27/01/2019 17:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)