Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(16/09/2018 10:02)Olympian Wrote:  I don't think it's fair to say prices are 'astronomical', just look at what other operators charge around the country for similar journeys. I agree that many local fares are far too expensive but for medium & long distance journeys they are very competitively priced. Day tickets are extremely good value, many stagecoach tickets are around £8 to £11 for a similar area, even some of their local city or town area tickets can be £5-£6 for a day.
I fully agree the prices are alright for long distance. Short distance, they are a rip off. If I use the 10/10A from Sealand Road to Chester, it costs £2.90 single. If I walk up the road to the dairy, I can get the bus for £2.20 return. Same distance yet as there is no competition to Sealand Road itself, Arriva charge the top they can get away with.

Also, given Arriva buses are regularly late, the drivers can sometimes be a bit off and the advertised features generally don't work (M-tickets, USB, plugs & Wifi), is it really worth the cost for even a medium distance. For me, a medium distance would be Mold to Chester. Very few companies would charge more than £4 for a return for such a distance.
This is why people don't use buses. Combined with lack of advertising, people want to travel short distance and those are the most expensive prices. If you are travelling long distance, you would generally use trains. With that in mind, journeys which most people take, the prices are astronomical.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 16/09/2018 12:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)