Current time: 04/05/2024, 13:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(29/03/2017 19:46)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm afraid I for one, don't agree. In an industry in permanent decline from macro-competition, the poor quality, innovationless internal competition has proven disasterous over the last 30 years. AND, as we have seen more recently, if large companies mount bus wars against each other, there may well be short term gains on the battlefield, but customers elsewhere will suffer.

Yes because the government led bodies have allowed the likes of Stagecoach to suck up lots of independants and larger ops taking away the DECENT compititon. We are both from Manchester so let's use East Manchester as the example. Stagecoach has been allowed to buy up all its competitors in that area taking away all the compititon. Now I know your going to say both Dennis's and maynes wanted out for different reasons but imagine if Stagecoach had been refused permission to buy Maynes and the ops instead got sold to Transdev. You still have a level of compititon in the area. You can garrentee the Stagecoach prices would be lower than they were!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)