Current time: 25/06/2024, 06:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VOSA Bus Registration Search
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search
(09/09/2016 13:52)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm afraid that's the reality of the current situation, and why the timing suits those supporting The Bus Services Bill so well. After 17 years of concentrating on keeping their core network as punctual as possible, and only competing with out and out cowboys, Stagecoach have decided to start a bus war with First, whilst simultaneously waving a white flag at Metrolink. The X5 should be safe in the short term as it is tendered and serves a more specific target market, but as you say 18 & 19 are already being systematically cut in route and frequency due to abstraction from Metrolink. The 101 has been reduced, and the 369 is withdrawn from 30th October. Not sure what future holds for 104/5/9.

As for evenings/nights, the 143 already runs until the early hours, although I don't recall if the Evening/night journeys are extenfded to Sale.

Its a shame because i think the x5 is reaching the point where if handled correctly, certainly the weekday ops have close to commercial potential. But a load of 143s charging £1 along the northenden-sale section will put paid to this...

I'm not aware of the route the 143 is taking, but if they had the nouse to send it round the Norris Road estate on the way to sale, it would create a direct city centre link in an area where bus patronage is pretty high. It would mean competing with arriva, would probably kill the 18/19, but would leave stagecoach with a new customer base.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - Damien - 17/06/2012, 00:36

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)