Current time: 27/09/2024, 19:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(14/07/2016 20:52)Dentonian Wrote:  We've seen it all before in GM, haven't we - and no it isn't strange that the TCs haven't got involved, because GHA don't run buses with a beach ball logo!

From an enthusiasts point of view it's quite sad that another independant has gone but from a tax payers point of view it's dammed annoying because Local aurthorities never seem to learn there lesson. The operator goes into a strict contract with the LA to operate a service or group of services with a subsidy paid to support the service. While I'm sure there are a number of reasons why an operater may not be able to operate a particular journey or journeys - I would imagine weather being one reason the fact is GHA failed virtually on a daily basis over the last 6 months to operate all of it's subsidised services yet how many contracts were revoked? None that I can recall.
As soon as am operator starts to show signs of struggling LA's should be looking for any breach of contract to revoke and give to another operator to 'cushion the blow' when the inevatble happens. I realise that revoking and reissuing contracts comes at a cost but it's got to be cheaper than having multiple contracts that have to be run under emergency tender.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)