Current time: 30/06/2024, 11:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review
(29/06/2016 19:18)RedPanda Wrote:  Its much more sensible removing the number of unnecessary letters on route numbers like 17/17B and removing silly things like 121/122. A letter should say if that particular route at that particular time is extended 10B being the only one I can think of as it operates to Huyton only rather than to St Helens. Hope you can see my reasoning for picking the 10B.
137/138 in my eyes is extremely confusing. I wouldn't know if it was going from Billinge to St Helens via St Helens and Prescot. Vice versa as well.
I do feel that this needs a looking at. I'm a bus enthusiast yes but I've always had difficulty understanding the 137/138 route.

The 17B was used to indicate that the service terminates at Widnes Green Oaks unlike the 17 and 17A which continued to Vicarage Road. The 17A operated via Appleton Village, where as the 17 does not.

As mentioned the 10B was Liverbus 210 renumbered into the 1* series as part of the 2000 route simplification. (GTL registered the same route as 210 later)

Both of the above mentioned services has letter signification to indicate a change from the standard route
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review - Raawwwrrr! - 29/06/2016 23:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)