Current time: 17/06/2024, 06:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva put Prices up again
RE: Arriva put Prices up again
The point I originally made was that QBP routes, and for that matter, any SHARED routes that aren't QBP, should accept either operators tickets, regardless of ticket type (eg: day, week, month, student, term, annual). The only services that this happens on are the 1/2/471/472 in Wirral, but it should be like this right across the board.

As for likening this to a supermarket, that is a false analogy, as you as a consumer have a choice of where to shop. Most people will go to their nearest supermarket, some will choose to travel further to a shop of choice. The same cannot be said for buses. If I need to get from A to B and the 86 gets me from A to B, and I have an Arriva student pass, then I should be able to get any bus that operates that route alongside Arriva, ie: Stagecoach. I as a consumer have no other option but to wait for an Arriva 86, despite Stagecoach sharing that route for its own commercial gain. It isn't my fault that Arriva and Stagecoach are two operators, it isn't my fault that they share that route, the fact is that I have to get a bus along that route and my ticket is only accepted on effectively half the services, despite it being stamped QBP. There is no partnership if Merseytravel and the operators pride themselves on running a frequent service if people like me have to let buses go because they bought a bus pass with the other operator. In this instance a bus every 5 minutes now becomes every 10; not so great on a cold winters day when you have a massive QBP poster in the bus stop.

Merseytravel shouldn't have allowed these types of "QBPs" to be established as they are fake. The only true QBPs are Heswall and Cheser to Liverpool, and I am grateful and thankful for that as it saves me a lot of time and money being able to use either service on a student ticket. Merseytravel need to get their act together and either sort out the QBPs on these fake corridors or remove their endorsement from them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Arriva put Prices up again - T42 PVM - 24/02/2015, 00:33
RE: Arriva put Prices up again - E400 - 26/02/2015, 00:45
RE: Arriva put Prices up again - E400 - 26/02/2015, 07:40
RE: Arriva put Prices up again - E400 - 26/02/2015 16:22
RE: Arriva put Prices up again - SF07 - 29/03/2017, 22:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)