Current time: 20/09/2024, 02:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
So if its limited financial support from central gov, when ALL services are taken under the banner of a franchise what will happen then? No I don't want my council tax bills to go up to fund this either but at the same time you are still going to have the same private companies running these franchises and making money off them, otherwise they wouldn't bid. I have absolutely no faith that any service levels will increase and I would suggest that on some services such as the QBPs frequencies may even get cut back as a result.

If you look at Merseytravels tendered services you'll see there is no joined up thinking between services which are largely similar but somehow take different routes depending on weather its a day or evening service. A good example would be the 135 and 235 in Bootle - which although they largely take the same route for some reason the 135 serves additional roads of an evening that have no daytime service as the 235 takes roads served by a very frequent main corridor service which also serves the start/end point of the 235. Just one example but there are loads of others around the network - and these are the people we think are equipped to run a franchise system?

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - CX06 EBK - 26/06/2023 14:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)