Current time: 17/06/2024, 11:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get me there and Contactless card payment
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment
(15/01/2021 19:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  More companies should look in depth at the app to smartcard tickets via NFC. A lot of people like the convenience of paying by phone but don't like using the phone as a ticket (phones die and stuff like that). By using the transfer to smartcard via NFC method, people pay in the most convenient way and have the security of the smartcard.

That is the way forward I think. It's already being done on trains and by some bus apps. This would be a win, win. Less people paying by contactless onboard (which reduces the risk of payments bouncing) which then speeds up dwell times and I don't think there would be any ongoing cost with it either. The benefits to the customer are above.

I agree with you there.

I like the thought of being able to use your phone as a personal ticket machine - the marvels of technology! I’m definitely a fan of the smartcard idea, as apps can be unreliable (Arriva’s new app being a prime example - Ive had to have my ticket sent to me 3 times by CS).

Better for drivers as well not having to faff with the machine trying to find a specific ticket, as like has been said already, drivers’ jobs are stressful enough.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Liamkennedy2231 - 15/01/2021 21:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)