Current time: 10/05/2024, 06:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: South Lancs Travel
Theres a D+G livered bus out on the 132 today,noticed it entering wigan bus stn at 11:35 as it is an ELC body R reg bus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/07/2012 11:35)motormayhem Wrote:  Theres a D+G livered bus out on the 132 today,noticed it entering wigan bus stn at 11:35 as it is an ELC body R reg bus

I saw that in Bolton today on the 581! It's registration is R694WAW. Smile

[Image: 121vR.jpg]
Full size: http://s8.postimage.org/fkd3h6ath/DSC00081.jpg

CX54 Edit: Image resized to make thread easier to read
That one has come from Midland, D&G's other company. I saw it yesterday heading past Bedford High School with one of the 7xx Rainford school services on the front.
(19/07/2012 17:53)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I saw that in Bolton today on the 581! It's registration is R694WAW. Smile

[Image]

That D&G bus looks really smart, especially compared to the Strawberry one in front. Maybe its about time they got round to unifying this fleet into some kind of coherent image.
IMO the Strawberry livery is a bit tacky and linked with a not very successful start, South Lancs livery is nice (in some of its reincarnations) but D&G livery with South Lancs fleetnames would look really smart and allow them to move vehicles between fleets with minimal branding issues

CX54 Edit: Please try to quote only what is relevant and not to include large images in quoted posts as it can make the forum unnecessarily difficult to read for some users. Thanks.
Maybe so, but there are two schools of thought that could see the SLT livery remain as is.

Firstly, bear in mind D&G don't own SLT outright, so they might want to keep the two fleets separate. However, the larger combined fleet of D&G / Midland would prove useful for short term loans.

Secondly, with Midland, the D&G livery was introduced as part of a mass fleet renewal as Choice (as it was) had a fleet of mainly step-entry buses. Not too long after, Choice was relaunched as Midland and both Midland and D&G received the new "group" livery.

Whereas Midland benefited from the new livery as it created a new, more noticeable brand, SLT doesn't need that. People recognise the livery, they know the company as the "yellow buses". All it needs is for the repaints to recommence to get the fleet into a single, unified livery.
(19/07/2012 18:55)tallguy9 Wrote:  
(19/07/2012 17:53)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I saw that in Bolton today on the 581! It's registration is R694WAW. Smile

[Image]

That D&G bus looks really smart, especially compared to the Strawberry one in front. Maybe its about time they got round to unifying this fleet into some kind of coherent image.
IMO the Strawberry livery is a bit tacky and linked with a not very successful start, South Lancs livery is nice (in some of its reincarnations) but D&G livery with South Lancs fleetnames would look really smart and allow them to move vehicles between fleets with minimal branding issues

CX54 Edit: Please try to quote only what is relevant and not to include large images in quoted posts as it can make the forum unnecessarily difficult to read for some users. Thanks.

Sorry I just posted the link that the website provided me with for the uploaded image, which I thought it would display. Obviously not. Sorry for the major inconvenience.
It's no problem Thomas!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
just noticed they have a tempo on the 319 today
Yeah only the second time I've noted one on there! The 319 has seen quite a few unusual vehicles this week with dart V33 SLT making an appearance on Monday and dart T466 HNH making an appearance on Tuesday.

T800 SLT to be specific!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)