Current time: 10/05/2024, 00:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
I saw Solo 20725 on route 278 yesterday. Oddly it had an SLT reg (K16SLT) and legal lettering for Diamond Bus in Tividale, West Midlands.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well it is ex SLT so nothing unusual there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Legal address should be 'DIAMOND BUS (NORTH WEST) LIMITED, 221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1 6NY' I believe though, this is what route 278 is shown registered to on VOSA so it looks like the bus has been transferred but the legal lettering not updated.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
40048 Y48ABA ex Arriva and more importantly Bluebus and 20827 L5PPN was withdrawn from Atherton a replacement came from Preston 20800/56 have replaced them

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(12/05/2018 13:01)buses7675 Wrote:  Legal address should be 'DIAMOND BUS (NORTH WEST) LIMITED, 221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1 6NY' I believe though, this is what route 278 is shown registered to on VOSA so it looks like the bus has been transferred but the legal lettering not updated.

Buses operate with wrong legal lettering all the time. When Howards had the 27/200/289 they were all on Springfield Bus & Coach licences but the legal lettering showed Ian Howard, never mind what the Dart on hire from MP Travel was showing. However, the worse one I've seen was a few years ago when Aintree Coachline were using a bus on the Chester Railway Station to City Centre showing legal lettering for some operator in Gravesend!
Big Grin RE: Diamond Bus North West
(12/05/2018 11:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I saw Solo 20725 on route 278 yesterday. Oddly it had an SLT reg (K16SLT) and legal lettering for Diamond Bus in Tividale, West Midlands.

This has both adresses present. The NW legals are behind the rear wheel.

Alex Noble My Pictures
If you have 'On Hire to' labels/stickers in the windows you can use them for so many weeks with the wrong address on the bodyside as long as the window label does then show the correct address but I don't think you are allowed to have two sets on the side - the set on it has to match the ops disc used and that has to be the correct ops disc for the route.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Yutong demonstrator YH66 VMO is currently on loan to Atherton and is spending it's time on service EL1
Rather surprised on Monday evening when Preston Bus Citaro 33007 turned up as my transport home from Altrincham to Timperley on the 285 service. Turned out that the driver for the roster had called in sick at very short notice, and there was nobody at Eccles to replace him. One of Atherton's depot supervisors took up the gauntlet, and "grabbed the first vehicle that came to hand", which was this loan vehicle from Preston. I have to say it made a very pleasant change from the usual Solo !
Theres a 16 Plate Van on the 597

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)