Current time: 17/05/2024, 19:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(05/01/2016 01:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  Where 2424 and 2432 DDA? (working side and rear dests?)

I think you need to move away from just the destinations to think things are DDA, they may need the fliptop seats revising and in some cases handrails to start with and then issuing a DDA certificate as proof.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There's a number of factors, I believe dimensions of various parts of the interior, handrail, signage and bell push positioning to name a few

I am no longer active on this forum.
The new 423 timetable is up, & that's going to cause some confusion as the extension terminates at Birkenhead Bus Station & Argyle Street with buses running via Arrowe Park & going to the terminus run in the same direction, plus reliability could be an issue unless there's an extra bus allocated to the route, with only 4 minutes layover at Birkenhead & 6 minutes layover in Liverpool. Would have been better if the extension went to Woodside following the 409 route rather than Birkenhead Bus Station.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
2515 is here.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/01/2016 19:18)MTL0201 Wrote:  The new 423 timetable is up, & that's going to cause some confusion as the extension terminates at Birkenhead Bus Station & Argyle Street with buses running via Arrowe Park & going to the terminus run in the same direction, plus reliability could be an issue unless there's an extra bus allocated to the route, with only 4 minutes layover at Birkenhead & 6 minutes layover in Liverpool. Would have been better if the extension went to Woodside following the 409 route rather than Birkenhead Bus Station.

Having a bus route that runs in the opposite direction yet shows the same final destination on the same stretch of road is a recipe for confusion. I do wonder sometimes who devises these timetables and how much he/she has of driving a bus in service, if any. In the trade press these days we read about how high-flying graduates are fast-tracked to senior positions in the bus industry and I do wonder if this is always a good thing.
423 "Birkenhead via Birkenhead" Laugh
An idea maybe for the bus to show Seacombe from Liverpool, then on Borough Road change the blind to Birkenhead. I'm unsure of how to split the other direction destination wise.
Just to double check, is this extension a commercial thing or is funded?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Does this extension require the use of an extra vehicle on the 423 ?
(07/01/2016 22:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just to double check, is this extension a commercial thing or is funded?

I wonder if they're doing it so people use this bus so they can scrap the Merseytravel 411?

Also I wish Laird street could make more of an effort with their blinds instead of just Displaying Birkenhead 423 they could display something like Birkenhead via Moreton and Seacombe or Liverpool via Seaconbe & Moreton. It is going to be confusing having 3 423's that call in to Birkenhead Bus Station, let's hope someone doesn't get on the wrong Liverpool 423 from Birkenhead and travelling via the whole of Wirral to get there...

Follow me on flickr

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)