Current time: 17/05/2024, 15:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(25/06/2014 23:07)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Is there a reason Why Arriva don't serve Hoylake and why Stagecoach don't serve New Brighton or Wallasey?

Years ago GTL used to run the 432 (and the 433 I think) and then when Stagecoach took over they dropped them as Arriva were doing better. Some years ago First ran a 32 and a 33 and it was a total farce, it must of lasted about six months. And with regards to Hoylake, I wouldn't say there are many passengers around the area so Arriva wouldn't waste money. My mum used to use the 38 a lot to Meols and Hoylake and in truth not many people go to and from Hoylake from what I can see. Many people who live there use the train.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4503 has broken destination displays. 437 WK on the front, blank on the side and 432 NB on the rear!

Daniel Christopher.
Sadly, the 430 won't be making a return as I previously stated. This is due to fact it 'isn't worth running another bus' for just one service, as it costs too much.

Daniel Christopher.
(26/06/2014 18:40)2829 Wrote:  4503 has broken destination displays. 437 WK on the front, blank on the side and 432 NB on the rear!

It is now a legal requirement to display route number and destination on the front and side of the bus therefore that bus is defective and shouldn't of been out on the road.
Find all posts by this user
(27/06/2014 16:44)Shaun821 Wrote:  It is now a legal requirement to display route number and destination on the front and side of the bus therefore that bus is defective and shouldn't of been out on the road.

It is not a legal requirement it's merely a 'DDA standard'. Buses do not require to be DDA standard until 2017 (which will probably be delayed or altered for independents and or school services that can't afford a DDA vehicle, especially coaches and step deckers)
Oh well in days gone by I can remember when we didn't have bus numbers on the side or rear just on the front , never mind having anything on the side , the only buses I can remember having anything on the side was MPTE vehicles and this soon got plated over.
The 117 is to be revised with every other bus (so one every hour) serving some of the soon to be abolished Merseytravel 181 service. However, some drivers are concerned as some streets are very tight with them raising the question 'can our buses fit?'

I will find out which area it will be serving.

Daniel Christopher.
The 117 will need a short wheelbase vehicle maybe time to look at Solo's for the routes that need them now Arriva as the MPD are getting a bit long in the tooth.
(28/06/2014 16:55)wirralbus Wrote:  The 117 will need a short wheelbase vehicle maybe time to look at Solo's for the routes that need them now Arriva as the MPD are getting a bit long in the tooth.

It all depends what buses are up for grabs. I guess we must wait and see! The element of surprise eh.

Daniel Christopher.
(28/06/2014 16:51)2829 Wrote:  The 117 is to be revised with every other bus (so one every hour) serving some of the soon to be abolished Merseytravel 181 service. However, some drivers are concerned as some streets are very tight with them raising the question 'can our buses fit?'

I will find out which area it will be serving.

Notice in A2B Driver Room states 117 will replace 181 between Moreton and Arrowe Park via Norwich Dr from July or August no date sorted yet but from same date 181 will be reduced to 1 bus operating Arrowe Park to Heswall only and will still interwork with 174

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)